• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SPJA Industry Award Winners Announced at Anime Expo

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mokojo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quote
its not surprising alot of fans that vote are all naruto and bleach noobs..

im glad at least The Girl Who Lept Through Time won. i love luckystar but best OVA my ass.

and Riisa Naku definately should have won over naruto's annoying voice.
reanimator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Of course the whole award thing is just a fan popularity contest. I can't believe that they use the word "industry" so lightly. Rolling Eyes Shame on SPJA for misusing the word. If this is an industry award, they should've had actual industry people making votes.

Best character design award for Death Note? Yep, it's definitely a 100% fan popularity vote all right. More like Best BORROWED design award to me. Tweeny Witches should deserves the award for originality and unorthodox style.
Crystal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote
If this is fan-voted, then I'm really impressed (but still happy) that Monster got best drama. I felt like no one was reading it. I'm guessing the teenage girls would read about Light and L than Johan and Tenma 'cause they're not "pretty boys" or something. -_-
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2