• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Busters! + Refrain (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
getchman wrote:
I guess I pictured a stereotypical deep voiced jock for Masato, the kind of voice Greg doesn't have.

Oh man, you ought to watch Chrono Crusade in English.

I have, just a long time ago.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Ah, kay. (that series is near and dear to me so I've watched it several times lol)

Episodes 4 and 5:

Rin and Riki are too cute together! Honestly, I've always really liked Rin. She reminds me so much of Shana...same eyes, same hair, same personality...I can't even...even her seiyuu sounds like Kugimiya! I know she's not but close enough.

.......it seems that Key is testing the waters with new heroine types. From Kanon to Clannad, it was all uguu gao moe moe clumsy, child-like heroines...(I have no problem with this though) but come Angel Beats, and we got a kuudere and now with LB, we have a type B(?) shy loli tsundere....or at least a main heroine who's the closest to being one.
It's good to see them switch it up a bit.

Riki is also a very good lead...though I've always loved each and every single one of Key's male leads hard. Anyway, it's great when a character realizes their mistakes on their own.

The scene I liked the most from these two eps was Rin's "Nani! NANI!? NANIIIIII!?" Anime hyper

I am liking the OP and ED. Actually, I wanna talk about the theme songs for both LB series:

Has anyone else noticed that the biggest spoilers are not in the animation (like with many anime) but in the lyrics? I really think this is cool because it's subtle enough that people new to the story wouldn't catch on. but the people who DO know what's happening can recognize how much the songs themselves give away. The FIRST OP's song in particular is so freaking spoileriffic that I went O___O when I watched it again after reading the game's Wiki summary.

The upcoming events are going to be so heavy. But my heart is ready. :<
shiranehito

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, both the lyrics in OP and ED songs are totally spoilerful. Though, some people who haven't played the VN might not be able to catch on.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:26 am Reply with quote
Yes, that's exactly why they're brilliant. Anime hyper
It was very clever of J.C.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:38 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Yes, that's exactly why they're brilliant. Anime hyper
It was very clever of J.C.

I think JC has nothing to do with all the songmaking. All the BGM is taken directly and as the same with the VN. This new OP and ED song are originals, but JC has nothing to do with them. If you want to praise someone, praise Jun Maeda, Shinji Orito and Yuto Tonokawa, the composers and writers of those songs.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Okay, then I'll praise them lol

I don't know this stuff.... ._.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Refrain episode 6
spoiler[CHEAP TRICKS!]

I'm a little bit taken back by this episode as it was pretty fast. I felt sorry for spoiler[Rin though as she is definitely not her typical self especially seeing what she's been through TT.
]

Thespoiler[ game in the rain was kinda intense. I loved the OST of that game tbh. Anyways, seems like Refrain] will kick off next time for good so looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6
spoiler[
I had the thought that Kyousuke was also doing what he was for Riki too, like that is what he meant when he asked Riki to endure]
. Masato seems spoiler[clued in, and I thought the denial that it was not what he trained for might have implied] that it was indeed the case. It seems rather sad just thinking about how spoiler[lonely Rin was].

And what is the deal with so many of the members missing? It can't be just a case of being asked to stay home. And I doubt Kyousuke could spoiler[block mail], there must be another reason only spoiler[Riki can get them].
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Maan, they sure cut many of the scenes. Rin's route is now over, and it was very very fast. They crammed the spoiler[runaway scene] into the length of the ending song.

Some of the differences from the VN is that spoiler[Rin's cats were following her before they decide to go fugitive, making her even more pained to leave.]
They also put the spoiler[bathing together] scene without explaining why. Here's why. spoiler[Because they ran out of money and unable to buy more firewood for bath. Thus they bathed together. It's definitely not for any erotic purpose.]

Also, I don't think they stated it in the anime. The house where spoiler[Riki and Rin escaped to is Kyousuke's and Rin's grandfather's house.]

Aside from those above, I felt really pained to see this emoticon (T T) now. See how Rin spoiler[was bad at using emoticons before? She only used this stoic face (∵) before whatever happened in the faraway school. The change of emoticon alone really emphasized how terrible it was for her.]

Though, I must say, Hanabi as the ending song fits perfectly with this episode. The lyrics is just so fitting to the situation, and guess what, the song was written by Maeda in 2003. LitBus was first released in 2008. Refrain started airing in 2013. I guess he has planned to use this song for LB even before the creation of LB. Goddamn Genius Maeda.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Ok Little Busters, you have my complete attention again. show me what you can do.

DuskyPredator wrote:

And what is the deal with so many of the members missing? It can't be just a case of being asked to stay home.

they are likely no longer important to the plot, so they were taken out of the story
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote
Refrain 06
DAMN, THAT WAS SO GOOD. Superb acting, direction, pace, especially the atmosphere....best episode of the franchise thus far.

Oh, and I don't want anyone to make fun of Riki's lack of masculinity again, because there was no lack of it here. Honestly, I never thought he lacked it. Just compared to the three other boys, he's...the least robust.
But if you compare him to actual girly-guys from other anime, he's pretty manly.

Quote:
They also put the spoiler[bathing together] scene without explaining why. Here's why. spoiler[because they ran out of money and unable to buy more firewood for bath. Thus they bathed together. It's definitely not for any erotic purpose.]

I could figure that much out. Anime hyper

getchman wrote:
they are likely no longer important to the plot, so they were taken out of the story

Nope, that's not it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I found the OST played during that scene with the spoiler[Cheap Tricks]. So epic. Someday, I'll probably play the VN to check out how it goes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 7

Now this is odd, it appears that the entire series has spoiler[restarted right to the first episode again, like an alternate timeline]. And it appears that this spoiler[alternate timeline has effects from what happened earlier, characters recall things]. Kyousuke spoiler[comes back, but it is the middle of the night, and does not meet everyone, instead being very depressed, as if something wrong happened that made him give up] hope. Masato and Kengo are as per spoiler[the beginning, at each other, but when Riki's recommends the idea to lower the violence, the reject it as if unwilling someone else's rules]. And Rin, Rin is spoiler[a wreck, completely shutting herself away from anyone but children] and Riki. Could Rin have a subliminal spoiler[memory of being forced into another school and separated from Riki], and Kyousuke has spoiler[lost hope over that plan failing]?

And most of the spoiler[female cast has disappeared, they are not just out of the group, but missing from their] usual spots. The school spoiler[roof, wooden chairs and table by the garden, some hair bobbles by the bench that was fixed, a Russian scientific book in the library, and the shade bellow that certain tree]. Riki knows that somethingspoiler[ is missing, and he must find out what].
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
I think this show is going to make my head explode lol.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
Since I have not played the VN (yet!), the latest Refrain episode was very odd to me. It felt like an spoiler[alternate timeline but at the same time, why aren't some of the other girls not present?..
]

Anyways, I hope more answers will be revealed soon in this Refrain arc.

My guess is that it might be some sort of spoiler[time loop similar to Steins;Gate.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 32