• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ONIAI (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
so about the only thing i can really say for ep 4 is this: Giggidy
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Poor Ginbei. I do have to wonder about Ana - spoiler[or rather, I'm pretty damn sure she's into women]; could that be why she gives Akito such a hard time constantly? That is, spoiler[could she want in his pants as a way to deny her sexuality]? I know I'm overthinking it, but that's half the fun!

All that said, I'm a mite disappointed that Arashi'sspoiler[ eyepatch is just for heterochromia - why would you cover that in the first place]? spoiler[At least she's living up to her promotional bio].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
All that said, I'm a mite disappointed that Arashi'sspoiler[ eyepatch is just for heterochromia - why would you cover that in the first place]? spoiler[At least she's living up to her promotional bio].
It is her spoiler[wicked eye, it wrilds the power of darkness tamed by the power of a pure heart, she must keep it sealed.]

Ginbei does feel like the best to support, although he might have competition over her.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I want to say this guy is gay since he is doing nothing when all of these girls are throwing themselves at him and he avoids them or somehow talks himself out of it, but at least he is reacting to their advances.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I want to say this guy is gay since he is doing nothing when all of these girls are throwing themselves at him and he avoids them or somehow talks himself out of it, but at least he is reacting to their advances.
He might have just watched School Days.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
well, his options are: a highly delusional incestuous twin sister, a highly aggressive, personal space invading bisexual nympho, a clingy childhood friend and an extremely spoiled princess who can barely manage basic menial tasks without assistance and is a troll.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
After the third episode, this show is a bit closer to the likes of SYD than a typical harem. The girls don't need actual motivations to like the guy in this sense, it's done for the sake of getting some humor through. I cannot actually see any kind of real drama or romance happen unless the tone changes entirely.

That's strange as I got the reference from the first episode, you know when all the perverts were suddenly part of the student council and the new guy was the naive newcomer...

How about Love Hina where all the girls control the guy who just happens to be the landlord/manager?

Fun show, I can't take it seriously because, yes, it is a satire.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
hmm, a new challenger appears
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
so about the only thing i can say for episode 8 is that im looking forward to an uncensored release. That, and Ana is probably the most dangerous of the group
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
wtf the episode went by so quick and I don't mean it in a good way. Nothing really happened.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
wtf the episode went by so quick and I don't mean it in a good way. Nothing really happened.

i know. im kinda disappointed by this show
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quote
Huh, on episode 8, I am onto

Episode 9

And damn if Ginbei is not the most adorable thing in this show, getting all spoiler[tsundere with a kitten] and then going full on spoiler[nyaa right into Akito] Anime catgrin .

Although in the main bit there was a surprising lack of ecchi due to spoiler[him being sick], especially with the previous episode being a swimsuit episode. Ana also became very cute when she broke away from her normal character in becoming tsundere due to bein embarassed. Arissa is alright, probably should have mentioned before about her. The spoiler[loli genius fiance of Akito] who he considers a spoiler[little sister], and in this episode made spoiler[way too much food and recomended sticking a green onion up his ass], the conversation about the last bit being exceptionally funny how she tried to sneak it through.

Although not in this episode, it is interesting how Ginbei has become a target of Anna and Arashi, and Arissa also being fawned over by Anna. Angel bit before being ftw.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
well, i know now that i'd like for Ginbei to win but Akito is an idiot
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Well you can't blame him for thinking she was a guy. Heck I thought Akito looked more girly than her at that young age. That president is such a good troll, I liked her Chuunibyou reference.

Last edited by WhiteHairGirls on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Well you can't blame him for thinking she was a girl.

you mean a guy, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5