• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ONIAI (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Well you can't blame him for thinking she was a girl.

you mean a guy, right?

Opps yeah fixed it, thanks.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Hmm, as a kid he had a loli harem, kind of reminds me of Mitsudomoe. That Ginbei was pretty... boss? Not really his fault for that mistake, she was wearing a male uniform.

Lol, chuunibyou, was worried it was just the subbers putting it in there, but that is indeed what she said.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote
I think the girls were able to opt for either type of uniform. I noticed that the girls wore both skirts and shorts spoiler[(particularly the girl with the presumably fake breasts and tomboy with a soccer ball)]. It's really an androgynous design. The shirts came off as feminine to me and made Akito look more like a girl.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
Ep 11

Okay I am confused. Didn't Akiko transfer to Akito's school? But this episode showed that it was Akito who actually transferred to her school. But then why would she move to his dorm, since she was going to that school. The first episode made it seem like Akito knew all the girls living with him and that Akiko was meeting them for the first time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:00 am Reply with quote
No, it was Akito that transfered, that is why Akiko's friends she knew from before are in this school too, and why they mentioned that Geinbei followed Akito, she transfered schools to follow him. When we learned that bit of information we were supposed to realise what we saw in the first episode was rather skewered. She just joined the dorm just to be close to her brother.

Episode 11

Well we got what were promised in the preview: spoiler[no panties]. Lots of interesting sounds by the girls this episode, and two girls had a grabbing match.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote
Yeah I guess the first episode threw a number of people off. At some point in the show, I got the impression that it was Akito who moved in, which was further reinforced with hints throughout the series. Like Dusky mentioned, I distinctively recalled him thanking his childhood friend for coming with him to the new school. There was also mention that Akiko was already on the student council and her brother was invited to take some kind of subordinate position under her. There were other hints in previous flashbacks about how Akiko was excited that her brother was coming too.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah I was kind of confused aswell, good thing that's cleared out. Anyway Episode 11 was ok. Kind of surprised that the president was spoiler[scared] aswell. And although the "cute noises" Arisa makes are cute, I think they are starting cross the line for me.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I think we can safely say that the editor is the most dirty minded female in the show
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Did anybody else notice the look on the president's face when spoiler[Ana started talking about virginity]? I really hope that doesn't mean what I think it means(I remember thinking during the first episode "spoiler[I hope they don't claim she's a virgin]", though as long as they don't ever make "yes" the explicit answer I can live with it).
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Did anybody else notice the look on the president's face when spoiler[Ana started talking about virginity]? I really hope that doesn't mean what I think it means(I remember thinking during the first episode "spoiler[I hope they don't claim she's a virgin]", though as long as they don't ever make "yes" the explicit answer I can live with it).

I don't quite understand what you're getting at there. You mean you wish that the president is not a spoiler[virgin] or..... you don't want Ana or anyone else to claim that the president is a spoiler[virgin (since she obviously isn't)]

I don't know why I had to put that word in spoiler tags.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I thought Polycell was saying that they hope that the show does not claim that spoiler[Prez is a virgin in act to pander to the audience by making her pure] as it goes against the character that they have so far put forward. Showing her a bit scared in the recent episode was okay, but we spoiler[don't want her total character to go virgin on us, her man eater character] is what makes her attractive.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
What DuskyPredator said. It's something I catalogued as the worst possible way to handle her character pretty quickly, so needless to say I'm going to be a little sensitive any time the show leans in that direction.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Ana said that it spoiler[was a sound that virgins cant hear], right? to me, her reaction looked like her libido momentarily over took her fear of the situation since both Akiko and Gin blushed.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I thought the presidents reaction hinted that the president isn't a spoiler[virgin]. While Gin and Akiko were embarrassed, presidents reaction was more lewd.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
So the way the show ended, the producers are hoping for a 2nd season. Akito reveals spoiler[that Akiko and him are actually not related by blood and he has no intention of telling her that since she most likely will up her advances towards him since there are no legal issues now].

I gave this a Decent only because it had some awesome secondary characters. I liked the antics of Ana and the president.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5