• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code:Breaker (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
i think Heike is now my favorite character. why can't he be the main protagonist?

because if he was any more feminine and a lick-spittle the show would be yaoi.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
what, Heiki is feminine? are we talking about the same guy?
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
what, Heiki is feminine? are we talking about the same guy?

you mean the tall blond dude who likes reading dirty poetry and sipping tea in the corridor at school, the guy who only shows interest in the girl as a present for the long haired guy he wants to impress?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote
yeah. guess it's time I rethinking the definition feminine
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

sure its a stretch. but think about it. with almost no change at all they could make this show yaoi with him and X-01 while she had to watch from her roped up position. his being a backstabber doesn't make him all that manly either.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
just replacing Heike with Ogami would make the show far more amusing and make Sakura more bearable
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
getchman wrote:

sure its a stretch. but think about it. with almost no change at all they could make this show yaoi with him and X-01 while she had to watch from her roped up position. his being a backstabber doesn't make him all that manly either.
Why does that sound so entertaining? I am not supposed to be into yaoi, I am a straight male. Confused
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
getchman wrote:

Why does that sound so entertaining? I am not supposed to be into yaoi, I am a straight male. Confused

you don't have to be into BL to see its possibility from some pretty common character looks found in BL in regular anime.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

spoiler[Hitomi's side vs code:breakers.
Those bombs were an act of a desperate man wanting to be heard.
It was amazing watching Hitomi be all cool and collected.
Hitomi did have a point. All of them were on the wrong side.
Looks like Heike was a double agent after all.
Hitomi vs Ogami, Heike, Yuki and Oji was very impressive!
Toki and the Prime minister situation was interesting as well.]

Can't wait to see the next episode!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (final)

Yes! This series is finally over so I don't have to watch it ever again. I have not been a fan.

Anyway the eveil terorist who bombed helpless civilians, and killed people with electricity only to use them as zombies and have them attack a random high school class, was defeated. But it was not enough that we have a scene showing that he had lost his way and leaving him alive would be too dagnerous. No we everyone wants the guy to hang in there, becaus apparently his plan was proof he cared so much. Kind of like bombing the world trade center to prove what horrible horrible sinners America is, kind of in a way that could not bbackfire.

I am not saying that the PM is a good guy, frankilly I wonder how he was voted in for so many consecutive elections. And if the teacher was kid that Hitomi saved, then how is it that Hitomi was only picked for Ogami, and that it was the current PM's decisions. I do think it was right to stop the spoiler[PM from being killed there is still no right to kill him despite what he says, still punch him a bit, but I was not so sad when he got electricuted.]

I had no sympathy for the villain at all, he did the wrong thing, and I did not like the show trying to make me care for him. Okay other parts, why was she bringing that stupid dog with her as she was presumably going to school at the end, shouldn't she have made it stay home, instead we need it so we can feel sorry for her. Actually I don't care about Ogami either, he is pressumably no diffirent from what he was like earlier, though I still believe he is taking down people who deserve it. Of course they had to show the villain looking ugly, can't have a nice looking thug.

I rated the series as "Weak", I did not enjoy this series, the dragon slash fire things were cool, I liked the sonic guys powers, and the prince chick had an awesome power making wings. But I could not help but criticise this show continuosly. And the main character was a bloody Mary Sue!

P.S.: Doesn't feel fair that SAO got such a blasting from some people but I felt mostly alone with this one, ditto with K.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
yeah, i didn't really enjoy the show that much either. the villain took too long to spoiler[die]. the puppy was adorable though.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Looks like spoiler[Ogami's powers have evolved.]
He was dealing with Hitomi rather well considering.
It was awesome watching them fight!
spoiler[Code: End] wasn't pleasant to watch.
spoiler[I felt sorry for Hitomi since he did have good intentions that went bad somewhere along the way.
That prime minster was truly a despicable guy.
In the end everyone scattered back to their areas.
Little puppy was cute ^^]

Really good final episode.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I found this to be a similar let down to No. 6. I gave both of them "Not Really Good." Both of them started out decent and progressively became worse. The ending was just shy of "utter garbage."
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote
yay spoiler[the mayor bit it]or better have. thats one character type I dislike.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:30 am Reply with quote
Yep, I feel the way a lot of you peeps did too. Jesus, how many times over the last four episodes did we hear a character say, Hitomi, stop! or Hitomi, why are you doing this? despite the fact he regurgitated his agenda every 2 seconds? This is definitely one title I would have dropped if I had known at the beginning how idiotic it would get. They are clearly spoiler[setting the table for a second season with that whole The One Who is Being Sought jazz that they pulled out of their asses at the end.]

Not sure what it says about me that spoiler[I'd probably check it out.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7