Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV March Releases




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cubs2084



Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Posts: 206

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote
Gah, still no Godannar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973



Joined: 24 Apr 2004
Posts: 1590
Location: Waiting for the Japanese 1000 Gunieas.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:07 am Reply with quote
Huh? More Gravion?

Where's my gun.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biliano*



Joined: 11 Feb 2004
Posts: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:16 am Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
Huh? More Gravion?

Where's my gun.....


There's more Gravion because the first series was so popular in Japan that Gonzo decided to make a second 12-episode series, sort of like Big O II in the US. But I'm with you - Gravion is one of Gonzo's weakest efforts, and I thought it was merely a rip-off of better mecha titles like Evangelion and Voltron (although Luna is a pretty cool girl Cool).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
one3rd



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Posts: 1795
Location: Minnesota

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote
Why is it that the animation studio is credited for writing the actual story so often? And it seems like it happens with Gonzo more than anyone else. Don't give them so much credit unless they deviate from the source material and actually start doing their own thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Beatdigga



Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Posts: 1223
Location: Here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm with you on Gravion. If I want cheesy mecha action, GaoGaiGar does it a billion times better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
biliano*



Joined: 11 Feb 2004
Posts: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Why is it that the animation studio is credited for writing the actual story so often? And it seems like it happens with Gonzo more than anyone else. Don't give them so much credit unless they deviate from the source material and actually start doing their own thing.


***sigh*** Here we go again.... Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
cubs2084



Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Posts: 206

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:50 am Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
Huh? More Gravion?

Where's my gun.....


There's more Gravion because the first series was so popular in Japan that Gonzo decided to make a second 12-episode series, sort of like Big O II in the US. But I'm with you - Gravion is one of Gonzo's weakest efforts, and I thought it was merely a rip-off of better mecha titles like Evangelion and Voltron (although Luna is a pretty cool girl Cool).


Wasn't it Big O's popularity in America the reason it got a second season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nionel



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Posts: 345
Location: Nebraska

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quote
cubs2084 wrote:
biliano wrote:
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
Huh? More Gravion?

Where's my gun.....


There's more Gravion because the first series was so popular in Japan that Gonzo decided to make a second 12-episode series, sort of like Big O II in the US. But I'm with you - Gravion is one of Gonzo's weakest efforts, and I thought it was merely a rip-off of better mecha titles like Evangelion and Voltron (although Luna is a pretty cool girl Cool).


Wasn't it Big O's popularity in America the reason it got a second season?


Yep, thanks to that and Cartoon Network Anime smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
molloaggie



Joined: 30 Jun 2003
Posts: 577
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:23 am Reply with quote
There's no Desert Coral in that line up either. I'm looking forward to volume 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Ialdaboth



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:34 pm Reply with quote
The Five Star Stories vol. 1 ?

What, they are releasing the movie little bit by little bit ? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Guilhem



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Posts: 165

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:45 am Reply with quote
Ialdaboth wrote:
The Five Star Stories vol. 1 ?

What, they are releasing the movie little bit by little bit ? Laughing

Still better than nothing: I look for this movie since about 10 years since I 'lost' my VHS... That's one of the best news since a while for me Razz

On the other hand, it's the only FSS movie available AFAIK: Nagano wasn't satisfied with the result and didn't accept to give permission to adapt the rest of his manga... Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ialdaboth



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Guilhem wrote:

Still better than nothing: I look for this movie since about 10 years since I 'lost' my VHS... That's one of the best news since a while for me Razz

On the other hand, it's the only FSS movie available AFAIK: Nagano wasn't satisfied with the result and didn't accept to give permission to adapt the rest of his manga... Confused


That's why I don't understand the volume 1 RazzWink

But I'm glad that it will officially come out of Japan at last. Now, if DVDpacific could list it so I could pre-order it... the sooner the better... Laughing

Edit : Done. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group