Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Adds Original 1973 Cutey Honey TV Anime


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Beatdigga



Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Posts: 1132
Location: Here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
lostrune wrote:
Cutey Honey? C'mon Discotek, we don't need more trashy fanservice otaku-pandering anime. Give us some respectable stuff like Chihayafuru Laughing


Sarcasm doesn't really travel well in text.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy about this. But I still want Re:.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chrno2



Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 3427
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:


Damn right I'm buying this, been asking for this since they got Lupin part 1. Very Happy


OH MY GAWD!!!!! YESSS YESSS YESSS!!! HIYAAAAAAAAAA! Took the words out of my mouth. LOL!! As I jump around and prostrate myself before you in prayer. OMG, what what were the odds that this would happen? Now I can finally own this series. Must buy!! Thank you Discotek!!

Y'know I wonder if Discotek is interested in any vintage adult acquisition? Do they have one? I mean Cream Lemon could use a proper release. But please of course we need Macross, Lensman and Robot Carnival.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lostrune



Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 200

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Sarcasm doesn't really travel well in text.


Laughing You have to admit if this show was anything current it'd be getting slammed for being trashy otaku junk on principle. Grandfather clause in full effect here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 6985

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
lostrune wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
Sarcasm doesn't really travel well in text.


Laughing You have to admit if this show was anything current it'd be getting slammed for being trashy otaku junk on principle. Grandfather clause in full effect here.


Absolutely. We're probably getting to the point where Plastic Little is acceptable simply because it's older than Evangelion, and it's certainly true for the 90s Honey OVA. It totally can't be otaku pandering if it came before K-ON.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wonderwomanhero



Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Come to think of it, there hasn't been any recent news about when this will be released has there? Nothing from Discotek or Go Nagai or anything. How odd...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rukiia
Team GurrenTeam Gurren


Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 1758
Location: British Columbia, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
Come to think of it, there hasn't been any recent news about when this will be released has there? Nothing from Discotek or Go Nagai or anything. How odd...


It has only been 5 months since the announcement of the series. Takes time to get out home releases.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apterous



Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
wonderwomanhero wrote:
Come to think of it, there hasn't been any recent news about when this will be released has there? Nothing from Discotek or Go Nagai or anything. How odd...


It has only been 5 months since the announcement of the series. Takes time to get out home releases.


Facebook post says August. It looks like they just kinda release them as they're ready Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group