• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yōko Hikasa, Ayane Sakura, Sachika Misawa Join A Certain Magical Index Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I so hope a season three gets made of this!

it rocked!

very fun anime to watch.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
It would seem that Touhous are invading Academy City.

Hope that Touma is good at bullet hell games.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I hate anime movies that introduce new characters and have absolutely nothing to do with the series.

man, I abhor naruto movies. I really hate them.
kotelocl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Erm... I think the names should be:

-Shutaura Sequenzia (or Secuencia)
-Ladylee Tangleroad

And I'm not sure about the other girl, because, fudge kanji.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Seriously can't wait for this movie, though it saddens me I'll have to wait til summer or later 2013 to acctually see it...

As for the VA's, I've heard most of them, but I've never really been a voice actor nut and since these are more than likely film only characters it probably won't matter so long as it sounds natural, which I can hardly say I have a right to judge on japanese VA's....
dan9999

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Yoko??? GOOOOD!

If it was cited her most famous role, MIO - K-ON!, more people would know who she is more easily.

Thatguy3331 wrote:

As for the VA's, I've heard most of them, but I've never really been a voice actor nut and since these are more than likely film only characters it probably won't matter so long as it sounds natural, which I can hardly say I have a right to judge on japanese VA's....

Sound natural? Of course nothing to worry, you are speaking about Japanese voice actors not English ones..sorry if you actually like dubs or think they've improved nowadays, but its the harsh truth..

I've never heard a bad japanese voice work or bad seiyuus or that dont fit the characters, you have absolutely nothing to fear, since they all are superb, ALL, the only discussion and worries is a matter of popularity, which voices/seiyuus people like the most, if a popular actress is going out with someone or lying about it and should not get more work, etc, something along those lines Laughing
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Yoko??? GOOOOD!

If it was cited her most famous role, MIO - K-ON!, more people would know who she is more easily.

Thatguy3331 wrote:

Sound natural? Of course nothing to worry, you are speaking about Japanese voice actors not English ones..sorry if you actually like dubs or think they've improved nowadays, but its the harsh truth..

I've never heard a bad japanese voice work or bad seiyuus or that don't fit the characters, you have absolutely nothing to fear, since they all are superb, ALL, the only discussion and worries is a matter of popularity, which voices/seiyuus people like the most, if a popular actress is going out with someone or lying about it and should not get more work, etc, something along those lines Laughing

More like harsh opinion, which I disagree with, but will simply leave it at that.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

I've never heard a bad japanese voice work or bad seiyuus or that don't fit the characters, you have absolutely nothing to fear, since they all are superb,

My Japanese friends would disagree with you, but then they're better judge of Japanese than we are (sorry but that's the harsh truth). Laughing
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:19 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

I've never heard a bad japanese voice work or bad seiyuus or that don't fit the characters, you have absolutely nothing to fear, since they all are superb,

My Japanese friends would disagree with you, but then they're better judge of Japanese than we are (sorry but that's the harsh truth). Laughing

I wouldn't say that. It more of an eye of the beholder deal. I dont think your friend being Japanese makes him any better of a judge of matching a sound with a character, in this case a voice. To the other poster his view was he has never heard a bad Japanese voice cast, and in your friends case he has. But since its a matter of judging the voice of the character, and not the actually dialogue I believe it to be irrelevant. Now if someone said I never saw a bad Japanese subbing, then your friend would have a legitimate way to back that up because he could judge the original meaning of the original language with the interpretation. Tomato, Tomatoe.
-MgZ_

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
Hiyocchi!!!!!!!! And Sachika!!!!!!
yu3lora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:46 am Reply with quote
I think its time for me to watch this series.. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1