• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic and Kingdom of Magic (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 23

On that day, humanity received a grim reminder. We lived in the fear of the Titans Black Djinn. Please tell me I was not the only one thinking that while the spoiler[giants were stomping on cyvilians while the stone city crumbled]. Unfortuantly again we did spoiler[not have Mikasa Morgiana].

We did have some nice reunions. I liked Kougyoku and Alibaba, I was starting to ship them if Morgiana was going towards Hakuryuu, did not realise before that they have conflicting elements with water and fire.

Still it looks like we had the vessel taken down faster than I might have expected, but we are surely to have something else pop up soon. Feels like this is ending too soon, and I did not get all the type of stuff I was hoping for this season, hopefully not too long before another season (if it is not the end) where we can have heaps of the characters who had little time this season.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Finally, spoiler[Aladdin shows his full power].
I must admit it's really impressive.
After pulling those aces from his sleeve, spoiler[Kou empire should reconsider.
Guess the fight has been put on hold after all.]

More serious problems have appeared.
Solving this one is not going to be easy at all.
spoiler[The reunion] was nice.
They are going to need all the help they can get.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:36 am Reply with quote
Two things that bothered me this episode

1. spoiler[Everyone staring in awe/horror as Kouen kicks ass for AGES and never actually jumping in to help. What's the fricking point of having six King Candidates when only one of them is doing stuff? Jeez]
2. spoiler[[expletive] pacing. Half of the episode was gone with Aladdin being goofy -although I did like the addition of the Djinns to convince Kouen, that didn't happen in the manga but it was great- and the cameras watching Magnostadt's people suffering.]

I get it but really, there's like 3 episodes left and SO MUCH FRICKING MATERIAL TO COVER. I'm starting to worry they'll do the same thing they did in S1 and come up with some really stupid original-rushed ending and/or leave the War arc in a cliffhanger until next season. I really can't see how they're going to go through all that's left of this arc in two-three episodes
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Yay my 2 favorite characters returned Smile.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Yay my 2 favorite characters returned Smile.

Same here!
One more episode left...and they showed up just on time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:46 am Reply with quote
love this
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24

And when I said it was taken out faster than I expected, it actually spoiler[gets even stronger, turning into a weird arm giant, the damage it did on contact was rather freaky, showing muscle and I think even bone]. The battle was good to watch, the scale getting increasingly higher until they were pretty much out of energy.

I was waiting, I knew something was going to come, and bang, spoiler[Sinbad finally comes into to attack like a nuke]. He seemed to spoiler[bring other leaders of his 7 nations too], which knowing this series have their own interesting details. And right when Alibaba finallyspoiler[ relaxes he falls and is caught by Morgiana] of course, spoiler[she has managed to get stronger too and is sporting some nice long hair]. I see they wanted to surprise us.

So was it worth it? One episode left and I an hoping for some intimate moments between characters. Different characters talking things out might be interesting, but we probably have a lot of action left.
rheiders

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Fun episode^^ I noticed that the animation quality rose quite a bit as well, so it seems they saved a bit of budget for the finale which is good. It's great to see spoiler[Sinbad and Morgiana] again. Smile I missed them!

I do wonder if one episode will be enough to wrap everything up in a satisfying way, though. Especially considering the disaster last season...
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
All the characters have noticeably evolved.
This have significantly heated up as well.
Looks like there's just one more episode left according to AniDB.
So guess well get to enjoy a lot of fighting ^^
And what's a better cause than saving the world?
It was awesome seeing them all work together.
Their was opponent was hellbent on not dying.
Seriously, how do you kill something like that?
It was encouraging to see spoiler[Solomon & reinforcements] finally join in!
Final episode should be a blast now that spoiler[everyone's here.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
Well. That was quite a deus ex...deus. I think they have a lot of 'splainin' to do in the next episode. spoiler[Last we saw Morgiana, she was in the depths of the darkest of dark places, and now she's all leveled up and ready to fight with the big boys. oO Did she find her people? Hakuryu is still MIA, right?]

I still don't understand the villains' motivation. They want to reduce the world to darkness and nothingness...and then what? How do they benefit from their dream? As far as I can tell, either they'll be consumed like everything else, or they'll have nothing left to rule.

Anyway, could someone please get Aladdin a new staff? He's pretty useless without it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 25 (final)

No, spoiler[Hakuryu has gone to the dark side], I am officially giving up on spoiler[his ship], Alibaba spoiler[gets Morgiana again], especially since Alibaba was getting kind of spoiler[friend zoned last episode]. But good things too, Leam is spoiler[under the protection of the Seven Seas Alliance after losing their leader], and Sinbad has decided to spoiler[help Magnostadt]. Even if he mostly spoiler[veiling the fact he is taking it, Sinbad has shown little signs of corruption and should help them better than Kou]. Also Titus spoiler[is a Magi now]. I want to watch more, to see them catching up with each other, but I guess I will have to wait for now.

I think this season was better than the first, we had some pretty interesting cultures, and although Aladdin is my least favourite of the trio, it was not bad looking at the Kingdom of magic. Although would have been even better if I could have had more of some favourite characters. I rate it Very Good, I want to go into a third season because they always manage to move forward. Also Titus and Marga were adorable.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
#25 Final

spoiler[Final episode was epic!
So much power, yet it wasn't enough.
Who knew one talk could resolve more than a bunch of fighting.
This, 2nd season of Magi was much better than the 1st one.
I liked the increase in action and seriousness of things.
The best part was the amazing return of Titus.
I really like his character ^^
Hope it gets a 3rd season!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 - Episode 25/Finale

Well, I liked the episode but the fight itself felt a bit draggedspoiler[. I kinda feel sorry for Matal in a way after that speech but whatever. Grats on the victory! RIP Scheherazade she will be missed for her efforts in this fight.]

Well, I'm glad that spoiler[Titus] is alive after that fight. Shame about spoiler[Hakuryuu Ren though since he doesn't seem to be on Aladdin/Alibaba/or Morgania]'s side anymore. Overall, I'll rate this show as good.

Also, not much Judal in this season. I was hoping the anime would give him some anime original scenes since he's one of my favorites.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rheiders

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Overall I liked this season better than the last one, so I bumped it up a grade--first season is good, so second season is very good. The Magnostadt arc is the best one so far IMO, even despite its focus on the weakest of the three protagonists. I loved seeing more of Magi's world and learning more about Aladdin and his friends. I'm kind of hoping for a third season but I doubt it'll happen. Now that the manga's being released Stateside, though, I don't really mind if the anime doesn't continue since I can just read the story.

And I'm really glad spoiler[Titus is alive]! Yay!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Good closure for the season. My favorite thing was seeing spoiler[Ugo] again! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 19