• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Code:Breaker, Kamisama Kiss, Jormungand, Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes, Oniai

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, don't have to wait on Crunchyroll for Psycho-Pass.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
No JoJo's simulcast? Sad

Surprised? You shouldn't be. FUNimation isn't gonna go through the ringer in trying to get music licenses cleared, even for simulcasts.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty much a given once the Yes song was announced to be the ED that it wouldn't be simulcast. Getting the rights to a hit song like that would probably cost more for Funi or Crunchy than the anime itself.
FigNewton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Gaaaah. Several shows I was looking forward to but I can't justify a second simultaneous streaming service. Maybe once Space Brothers ends I'll switch over for a little while. Definitely wanted to see Robotics;Notes and Psycho-Pass.
Takuku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
thekaas wrote:
Dammit, Funi, why do you hate Europe? :/

Agreed. 4 shows i was really, really looking forward to and now Funi has them all, the season just became significantly less good because of that for me

Hopefully there's a chance of them going up on Funimation's Youtube and being unlocked to us.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd have preferred a crunchyroll simulcast, but this is better than nothing, and at least this time the episodes are going to be out in a somewhat timely fashion, especially compared to what is so often the case with Funimation "simul"casts.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
ryonomiko wrote:
Are these only going to be on their webpage or will they be on their YouTube channel as well? Since their webpage is USA only whereas their YouTube channel is not.

Videos on their site are available in Canada - it should switch to their own player rather than Hulu. If you can't view videos it is due to a bug that is currently being worked on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
Glad to have a legal stream to look forward to for Kamisama Kiss and Psycho-Pass. Here's to hoping we get a physical release down the road, too!

Same here. The illegal site I went to see Kamisama had really low resolution. Plus, I have a Funi account so yay!! Very Happy

Maybe I'm speculating but I think it was smart for Funi to get Kamisama Kiss (same director of both Fruits Basket & Kodocha = Funi titles) and Robotics;Notes (they already have Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate).

I would love to own a box set of Psycho-Pass but I haven't even seen it yet. Anime hyper
leokiko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess I will have to settle for fansubs then. Way to go FUni, increasing the piracy more and more every season!

Cool
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Good to know I'll have a place to watch Kamisama Kiss. Though unfortunately the other shows hold no value for me.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Funi's loaded this time for me. Code:Breaker, Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes and more Jormungand are some of my most anticipated stuff this season Smile

So excited for Psycho-Pass especially.

Good job by them. Good to know these also have a real good chance of getting dual-audio home releases too. Very Happy
Animerican14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Have a feeling Kamisama Kiss should do quite well for Funimation. The gist of their marketing campaign just needs to be "From the Director of Fruits Basket," and BAM, success... assuming Furuba still has a lot of staying power in today's market.

Ooh, and Psycho Pass! I wonder, is it just Gen Urobuchi that's going to be writing this, or might there be others involved? It's been my understanding that before Madoka, others were involved with the active writing of any of the anime that his name was attached to, and those shows were lesser for it. Hopefully things should work out well for the series either way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Fine, I guess I'll put up with your player, FUNI. Psycho-pass seems like it would fit in Funimation's catalog anyway.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
No JoJo's simulcast? Sad

Surprised? You shouldn't be. FUNimation isn't gonna go through the ringer in trying to get music licenses cleared, even for simulcasts.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty much a given once the Yes song was announced to be the ED that it wouldn't be simulcast. Getting the rights to a hit song like that would probably cost more for Funi or Crunchy than the anime itself.

You guys realize they don't *have* to use the ending for the simulcast, right? They could always just get the rights to the song later if they choose to release the series on disc. Also, the source of most of the music rights is also a member of the production committee so the rights might just be mixed in.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
leokiko wrote:
Well, I guess I will have to settle for fansubs then. Way to go FUni, increasing the piracy more and more every season!

Cool

What a moronic comment. This sounds like an excuse to use pirated fansubs sites. If you are not able to use Funimation streaming or do not like its player, just don't watch those series.

If you want to use pirated fansubs, go ahead. But do not blame a company for piracy. I have used pirated fansubs sites before. I am not proud of it, but the only one I can blame is myself.

Sorry if I sound preachy, but I believe that pirated anime would not exist (or at least not be as prevalent), if we did not seek it in the first place.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
leokiko wrote:

Cool

What a moronic comment. This sounds like an excuse to use pirated fansubs sites. If you are not able to use Funimation streaming or do not like its player, just don't watch those series.

If you want to use pirated fansubs, go ahead. But do not blame a company for piracy. I have used pirated fansubs sites before. I am not proud of it, but the only one I can blame is myself.

Sorry if I sound preachy, but I believe that pirated anime would not exist (or at least not be as prevalent), if we did not seek it in the first place.

don't apologize, you are absolutely right
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4