• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
That Anime DVD/Video Game Sale Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Thank you britannicamoore for that sale info from Second Spin. I've never been there before and I've never seen anime so cheap outside of Amazon and Ebay. That 25% is just icing on the cake. Only bummer is that 5% sales tax I have to pay because I live on the other side of the country. I'll take it, though, because they're a real store and they claim to have 100% guaranteed discs, so I feel relief from not having to worry about horrible condition or bootlegs from Amazon.

For making this thread, I want to hug you. Really.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Thank you britannicamoore for that sale info from Second Spin. I've never been there before and I've never seen anime so cheap outside of Amazon and Ebay. That 25% is just icing on the cake. Only bummer is that 5% sales tax I have to pay because I live on the other side of the country. I'll take it, though, because they're a real store and they claim to have 100% guaranteed discs, so I feel relief from not having to worry about horrible condition or bootlegs from Amazon.

For making this thread, I want to hug you. Really.

Aw shucks. Thanks. I'm just super broke now and I am always looking for a good deal. I buy a lot- so when I find them its no biggie for me to post them. I feel bad- since i'm not around as much as I was I miss informing you guys of a lot of stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote
Borders
30% off the list price of one item w/ BR Ends Sept 18 2009 In Store only

Don't forget: Border Rewards (BR) is free to join! Ask you cashier about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Amazon.com
Dragon Ball Z: Season 1 Boxset: $17.49
Dragon Ball Z: Season 2 Boxset: $17.49
Dragon Ball Z: Season 3 Boxset: $17.49
Dragon Ball Z: Season 4 Boxset: $17.49
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 Boxset: $23.49
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 Boxset: $23.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 Boxset: $23.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 Boxset: $23.99
One Piece: Season 1 Collection, Part 1: $23.49
One Piece: Season 1 Collection, Part 2: $23.99
One Piece: Season 1 Collection, Part 3: $23.99
One Piece: Season 1 Collection, Part 4: $23.99
One Piece: Season 2 Collection, Part 1: $23.99

Credit goes to WTK over at DVDtalk!
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Go Hastings!
Used Movies, cd's, books, music, and games are Buy 2 Get a third for a $1 . It says "select titles", but like the last sale, the vast majority seem to be included. This is actually ends up being as good as or better than the last sale as long as you're ordering titles over like $5. (For video games it's definitely a better deal, as they were only 20% off during the last sale)

No promotion code needed... if you add 3 eligible titles, it makes the lowest one $1 automatically.

Happy shopping!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:17 am Reply with quote
So does this only work for the same type of items? Does it have to be 3 books or can you go a video game, a dvd, and get the book for a dollar? Also, when does it end?

Final question: how often does Second Spin have a sale like their last one?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
So does this only work for the same type of items? Does it have to be 3 books or can you go a video game, a dvd, and get the book for a dollar? Also, when does it end?

Final question: how often does Second Spin have a sale like their last one?

Secondspin has sales almost every week to every other week- just not as good. Sometimes its just free shipping- other times its 10% off.

As for GoHastings I have no idea. I will get back to you asap

Edit:
Buy any 2 used titles from the selection below, and get the 3rd from the same category for only $1. Simply add the titles to your cart and the discount will appear. $1 item must be equal or lesser value. Maximum discount of $29.99 for books, $12.99 for music, $39.99 for movies, and $59.99 for video games. Other restrictions may apply.

Sorry-- I didn't see that.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Borders

30% off the list price of one item w/ BR Ends Sept 24 2009 In Store Only

25% off the list price of one item w/ BR Ends Sept 17 2009 Online Code: SLK6573H but you can use it in store too!
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:02 am Reply with quote
SecondSpin.com
25% off All Movies, Music and Games. Code: 25OFFSEPT
Ends Sept 24 2009
*Please note Secondspin sells used dvds. But they are strict on the condition they take.

Credit goes to WTK @ DVDTALK
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
SecondSpin.com
Buy any three 3 items and get the 4th free. Any combo of DVDs, CDs and games.
Coupon Code: B3G4SEPTS
Sale ends: October 8, 2009

Note: Lowest priced item is the free item

*Please note Secondspin sells used dvds. But they are strict on the condition they take
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:19 am Reply with quote
SecondSpin is confusing me because first they're having the sale I have above and now they're having a 30% sale that ends the same day. Now WTK has posted that they're having 20% off and free shipping over $20 until Sunday.

Are they having three sales at the same time?
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:00 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
SecondSpin is confusing me because first they're having the sale I have above and now they're having a 30% sale that ends the same day. Now WTK has posted that they're having 20% off and free shipping over $20 until Sunday.

Are they having three sales at the same time?

Yes an no. The thing about that 20% off sale is that it was uploaded via their twitter account. So not as many people know about it. Several stores have "twitter updatded coupons" that are kind of a reward for their followers. It's a cool idea if only those people could see the tweets.

So yes you can pick whichever one you'd like lol.
I was going to post that last night until my browser closed for the third time.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Pick a sale? I'll just have to do some calculating to see which is cheaper. Why can't they just do one at a time like other sites?

Also, are you using FireFox? I used to use it because one day it kept constantly crashing if I had more than two tabs open. I switched to Opera and it's definitely an improvement. It just doesn't have all the cool add-ons.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Pick a sale? I'll just have to do some calculating to see which is cheaper. Why can't they just do one at a time like other sites?

Also, are you using FireFox? I used to use it because one day it kept constantly crashing if I had more than two tabs open. I switched to Opera and it's definitely an improvement. It just doesn't have all the cool add-ons.

I use Safari.

Also FYE
Present this code (5FYEG40) at any f.y.e. store and save $5 off any $40 purchase of cd's or dvd's!!

Present this code (FYEG30) at the register at any f.y.e. store & save 30% off any Used CD or DVD!!

Present this code (FYEG20) at the register at any f.y.e. & save 20% off of any reg. priced CD or DVD $12.99 & up!!

Ends Oct 5

Credit goes to WTK over at DVDtalk!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Does Rightstuf have some kind of huge Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years sale that they do? I'm wondering because I have a feeling that they do and I may want to save up my money for it instead of dropping some money on this manga sale. I've only been buying stuff for a few months so I don't know if they do or don't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 61