• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Persona 4 Golden Previewed in 15 English Videos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:57 am Reply with quote
Definitely looking forward to it. Anime smile There's free Wi-Fi near where I live, so I'll probably check out the online dungeon rescue feature.

Does anyone know if the US version will be bilingual?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote
Same here, can't wait to play this!
The American Average

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote
Well looks great, better go play Persona 4 and P4U to get me ready for this. Also i'm glad that Naoto's voice sounds right i was a little worried that they were going to change it (well because in the anime its different) Chie's new voice i rather like, Teddie i really don't hear much of a difference i know its a different voice actor but eh. Sadly there are many things coming out on Nov 20th so my wallet will be very thin afterwards
TC-man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:28 am Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:
Definitely looking forward to it. Anime smile There's free Wi-Fi near where I live, so I'll probably check out the online dungeon rescue feature.

It's more an exception than a rule for Atlus to have dual language voice overs options in their games. One exception is e.g. P4 Arena, the Persona 4 fighting game (which is also made by a different developer). So, the chance is pretty small that P4 Golden will have such bilingual option for the US version.
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:02 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure how I feel about the new Chie voice actress... Teddie's does a good job of keeping the same feeling but Chie's... She kinda sounds new to the voice acting gig.
LordByron227

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:36 am Reply with quote
Apparently new Chie is Erin Fitzgerald (Erica in Catherine, Morrigan in......something and a few other games) .

Personally, I thought her Chie was pretty bad in the 1st couple of scenes in Arena. So much so I switched to the JPN voices, but when I saw the P4Anime dub, wow was it like night and day. It was actually pretty good. I'm hoping that carries over in Golden.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:40 am Reply with quote
LordByron227 wrote:
Apparently new Chie is Erin Fitzgerald (Erica in Catherine, Morrigan in......something and a few other games)

Nazz and May Kanker from Ed, Edd, n Eddy.
LordByron227

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote
Holy shit...really?

Damn, didn't know those two girls were played by the same VA.
Although tvtropes says that Nazz was voiced by Tabitha St. Germain since Ocean group dubbed it?

Oh yeah, and it was Morrigan from Darkstalkers.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:06 am Reply with quote
LordByron227 wrote:
Holy shit...really?

Although tvtropes says that Nazz was voiced by Tabitha St. Germain since Ocean group dubbed it?

Nazz had three different VA;s. Erin Fitzgerald was one of them.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
TC-man wrote:
HyugaHinata wrote:

It's more an exception than a rule for Atlus to have dual language voice overs options in their games. One exception is e.g. P4 Arena, the Persona 4 fighting game (which is also made by a different developer). So, the chance is pretty small that P4 Golden will have such bilingual option for the US version.

Yeah, but given the expanded size of the Vita cartridge, I have reason to be optimistic here. Smile

I know they had dual audio for Odin Sphere, and if their PS2 games were on dual-layer DVDs, they'd have enough room to fit both audio tracks on.
midnighteve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Yikes, Chie's new VA in the rope scene was....out there. It's like she was playing it for laughs Sad Her old VA was a big rough in the beginning, but she grew into her role. I hope this VA does the same throughout the game.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
LordByron227 wrote:
Holy shit...really?

Tabitha only voiced Nazz for the first season before Erin took over. Erin briefly left in Season 3, and for a couple episodes, the role was voiced by Jenn Forgie.

BTW, Ocean actually had nothing to do with Ed, Edd, n Eddy, other than the fact that the latter's voices were from the same talent pool Ocean used (Vancouver-based). Erin is now based in Los Angeles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1