• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Psycho-Pass (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I liked the series enough, but I hope it's about something more than the Sybil System and "sociopaths can evade detection". I never got in on that premise.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote
^
Actually, it wasn't "sociopaths escape detection" but more like "being able to escape detection makes a person a sociopath".
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote
so our friendly neighborhood funimation social media manager will be revealing the Psycho-Pass dub cast, 1 role at a time, for the next 12 days.

Day 1 (13th): Lydia Mackay. she is voicing Shion Karanomori

Today, we get Lindsay Seidel as Yayoi Kunizuka
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Psycho Pass 2 episode 1:

Great episode. It had didn't waste time with spoiler[Akane and the others settling with a case already (in this episode, a guy with nearly 300PP level).]

I thought both the spoiler[OP/ED theme songs were good too and also, we get a possible new antagonist too. Definitely curious to see where this is going. I also wonder if Kagami will be in this season.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote
New season finally out!
Was about time too..
I certainly doesn't lack excitement.
Seems like Akane evolved quite a bit.
Will be watching this.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote
This is quite a season with the number of headlining series airing in one quarter.

If the OP animation is anything to go by, spoiler[Kougami is definitely back but his role remains unclear] while Togane appears to have some interesting issues of his own.

The not so new rookie inspector seems like a Mk. 2 version of Ginoza. The ginger enforcer now with Section 1 physically resembles Kagari but doesn't have his outgoing personality.

The OP song is good, but I prefer the previous ED songs to this one. It might grow on me though despite the at-times indistinguishable lyrics.

Lots of action, instead of waiting to episode 3 like the last series we get to see all of the features of the Dominator by the first episode. They've upgraded the decomposer as well judging by the animation.
Sobe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh hell yes. They haven't forgotten about spoiler[Kogami] given the opening. Also, I am very, very happy to see how well Akane has matured. Episode 2 cannot air soon enough. Very Happy
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:32 am Reply with quote
The biographies for some of the new faces of the 2nd season are out on the official webpage.

Togane and Kawashima's biographies are quite interesting, especially the former's. The latter was probably assigned as an enforcer because of his previous record for "extra-curricular" activities.

Edit: Comparing the organization chart for season 1 and season 2, it seems Kougami and Ginoza aren't unique in facing the occupational hazard affecting all inspectors!

Last edited by Harleyquin on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

I think the thing to take away from this episode is that Akane has become really awesome, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. She has good instincts, treats people with respect, looks at the big picture, has a strong moral, and keeps a tight rein so things get the best possible conclusion. Last season had her changing little by little as she faced many people, the truth of the system, and still remain herself. Now she really has a handle of things.

Interesting how the end of the episode revealed that spoiler[the demolition man (lol, that is a movie set in a future not too unlike this show) was a distraction for who seems the real bad guy].

last season made me feel unwell at watching certain parts, so I am kind of hoping things won't go as full on, which it probably will.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm planning on marathoining the first season (new edit version).

Is there anything that those of you have watched it already can point out that may be of concern? It's actually something I've been really looking forward to catching up on because of how interesting i find it's setting to be.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
I'm planning on marathoining the first season (new edit version).

Is there anything that those of you have watched it already can point out that may be of concern? It's actually something I've been really looking forward to catching up on because of how interesting i find it's setting to be.

It can be rather graphic, what got me especially was seeing dismembered bodies of young people.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 looks to be of the same high quality as the first season.

I really liked how Akane was able to spoiler[save that guy's life.]

Inspector Shimotsuki looks like she could be Akane's little sister.

Also good to see Shion and Yayoi are sill here -- with any luck we will see more of them in bed together. They make a hot yuri couple and we didn't get to see enough before.

Those public-safety bots with the vapid smiley faces on them are as creepy as ever.

So the thing I really hope to see is if Akane can move forward with her accommodation with the Sybil system. Right now she is one of a tiny few that know anything about how it works, and she seems to be going along with its program for now. What I hope to see is if she finds a way to break its dominance over everything.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:47 am Reply with quote
This first episode of the second season didn't really grip me. I didn't think Psycho Pass needed a second season to begin with because I thought it tied off things relatively well at the end of Season 1. Answered most of the major questions, but left enough to the imagination for us to wonder what "could" have happened.

But instead, we're getting an entirely new production team with a different writer that's now holding onto the torch. So far, I'm not impressed. The attempt at drawing in the viewers did not do anything for me-the heavy handedness of the ideas and themes in the show were just over the top. I hate it when media assume their consumers are incapable of grasping the most simple of concepts and just whack them over the head with it.

The new inspector...just seems like her characterization is odd. She's just there to stir the pot and keep things interesting, she doesn't feel believable or organic at all. Overall, it looks like the second season is attempting to piggy back off season one without trying anything new at all and executing it poorly...I'm not optimistic, but I'll try watching a few more episodes before making a last call.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
I've looked around, but would I be right in saying this season is only going to be 12 episodes long unlike the first season which ran for two quarters? The official schedule lists 12 episodes and I haven't seen any news article that talks about the length of the series.

I like this series, it would be a shame if it only lasted 12 episodes unless everything was paced to the extent that a satisfactory conclusion could be delivered by the end of the year (unless the move is a surrogate for the 2nd quarter).
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2:

I know spoiler[Akane is confident in her new role but some of her decisions better not end up like the way it did in this episode. Once again, bloody is a word I like to say for the result of that case sadly. It was a mistake for Akane to not deal with Kitagawa.]

Anyways, I hope we get to know more of the new members of her team soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 44