• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Anime from Viz and others now on hulu, ANN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Honey and Clover AND NANA?

I've always wanted to check these out and now I can, thanks guys. Very Happy
Splitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Dios mio! Mysterious Cities of Gold?!

*kisses ANN's collective feet*
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Hulu.com only? Way to fail hard, Viz.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Was 'Cities ever subbed? Anyway, I'm on the fence about watching the H+C anime, even if it's free, since Viz is taking so long to finish the manga, and I'd kind of like to end it there first. I gave into the movie, but I'm not entirely sure how accurate its ending is, since it pretty much lacks important elements common in the manga-like character growth and tension. Moving on, it'd be nice if Viz uploaded Full Moon and Monster on Hulu next.
ScrappedAeon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Kinda bummed we're not getting the dubbed versions but I really can't complain.
aCG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit pissed I can't watch it myself but will buy the Honey and Clover DVDs when they come out without a doubt.
In the meantime it's good news for US residents.
The_X_box_360

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Hulu.com only? Way to fail hard, Viz.
I'm sure that Viz figures that, with having hulu.com host their videos, then other websites can just embed the hulu.com videos into their webpages (the way ANN does).
That way, Viz's shows are available to be legally distributed throughout the internet (like on ANN for example), with Viz only having to be in direct contact with hulu.com.

Having thought of all that, I can understand how the fact that some people don't like hulu's player (or can't use it) might escape Viz's calculations.

Furthermore, Viz's own region restrictions would likely still apply, no matter who hosts the videos.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:20 am Reply with quote
ScrappedAeon wrote:
Kinda bummed we're not getting the dubbed versions but I really can't complain.

No kidding. Though i can wait until it's dubbed before seeing them though. At least Voltron is still there cause that along with knight of the zodiac and robotech were real classics in the US during the 80's 90's.Ashame no one made an uncut dub version of voltron(Go Lion) like what ADV did with robotech(Macross)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dougritchey13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:33 am Reply with quote
I need some help, im looking to buy a new series or two and dont know what to get. I own basilisk, FMA, Trinity Blood, Sam 7, Noein, Tactics, Sam Champloo, some bleach, and a couple others. But I've only been wacthing for 3 yrs so i dont know some of the older or more unknown titles that deserve veiwing. I've seen all thats on TV if someone could help me that would be awesome. I dont like naruto or DBZ that much. I prefer action but would give other genres a chance. is D Gray good I've heard good stuff about it someone help please.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote
Wow 'Honey and Clover', who knew. Well, that's 2 good shows picked up. 'HxC' and 'Eden of East'. Both good shows and really nice character designs. Same person. Wonderful news.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote
Well now this gives me some hope that Monster will be put up on Hulu eventually as well.

Meanwhile I'm going to watch Nana.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see more anime from Viz streaming on Hulu, but Hulu's recent decision to block PS3s is still ticking me off. Mad Mad

Quote:
InuYasha (subtitled, first 32 are up now with a new episode every week)

So...it's going to take them more than 2 years to get the whole thing on there, even though it's already been out for years?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quote
dougritchey13 wrote:
I need some help, im looking to buy a new series or two and don't know what to get. I own basilisk, FMA, Trinity Blood, Sam 7, Noein, Tactics, Sam Champloo, some bleach, and a couple others. But I've only been wacthing for 3 yrs so i don't know some of the older or more unknown titles that deserve veiwing. I've seen all thats on TV if someone could help me that would be awesome. I don't like naruto or DBZ that much. I prefer action but would give other genres a chance. is D Gray good I've heard good stuff about it someone help please.

Here: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21419

Since you're new you probably didn't see it but there aren't any threads allowed for searching for new stuff since it tends to get out of hand. That one is the only one allowed here so that it can be kept concise.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:36 pm Reply with quote
The_X_box_360 wrote:
Furthermore, Viz's own region restrictions would likely still apply, no matter who hosts the videos.

Hulu.com is the only service that is completely blocked in Canada. If they had gotten the videos on Joost.com, YouTube, Crunchyroll, or directly on ANN, they would be definitely be available to Canadians.
dougritchey13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Since you're new you probably didn't see it but there aren't any threads allowed for searching for new stuff since it tends to get out of hand. That one is the only one allowed here so that it can be kept concise.[/quote]

Sorry about that, I didn't know. I read the page and i appreciate you filling me in.[/quote]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1