• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Marvel Confirms Blade, X-Men, Planet Hulk Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluebeard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Planet Hulk... Is that the storyline where they shot Hulk into space and he crash-landed on a primitive planet where he basically became Conan the Barbarian? Because the Civil War crossover was going on at the time and the author of Hulk wanted nothing to do with it? And it was widely decided to be the most awesome storyline of the year?

Ummm... this is just what I heard...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I hated what Marvel was doing with their comics at the time and stopped reading them altogether. Except for Planet Hulk, which was an incredibly fun and well put together book that I look forward to seeing animated.
kyoukix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I didn’t like the aesthetics I saw on the Wolverine trailer. Can’t avoid to think why is hairstyle looks like a mullet?
manafairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote
I doubt I'll bother with X-men, and I really don't care about Hulk, but I'm definitely looking forward to some Blade anime, provided it's done right. There should be some great action in that one.

Although, as far as Ironman and Wolverine go, while the Ironman trailer looks great, I can't for the life of me figure out what part of the wolverine trailer has anything to do with Wolverine. I mean, I see that he has claws, but is that the only tie-in there's going to be? Probably won't touch that one either.
rti9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quote
LostPhrack wrote:

What the hell... Yoshiaki Kawajiri?
FlyingFox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quote
The Iron Man and Hulk trailers look fantastic but I couldn't give a damn about wolverine.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote
manafairy wrote:
Although, as far as Ironman and Wolverine go, while the Ironman trailer looks great, I can't for the life of me figure out what part of the wolverine trailer has anything to do with Wolverine. I mean, I see that he has claws, but is that the only tie-in there's going to be? Probably won't touch that one either.

Yeah. The Ironman trailer is giving me Karas vibes, which is a good thing. The Wolverine trailer looks like it could go either way. I am REALLY excited about an X-men anime, but Hulk has always been my least-favorite Marvel property, so I think I'll skip it.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
manafairy wrote:
I see that he has claws, but is that the only tie-in there's going to be? Probably won't touch that one either.

I was perplexed about the sakura petals and flying ninjas. I'm anything but a Marvel fan, but I strive to understand why an ostensibly eastern setting was chosen. It has been stated that they're animating Wolverine for a Japanese audience, but I'd fathom other aesthetic styles could have been chosen instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
manafairy wrote:
I see that he has claws, but is that the only tie-in there's going to be? Probably won't touch that one either.

I was perplexed about the sakura petals and flying ninjas. I'm anything but a Marvel fan, but I strive to understand why an ostensibly eastern setting was chosen. It has been stated that they're animating Wolverine for a Japanese audience, but I'd fathom other aesthetic styles could have been chosen instead.

Wolverine has quite a bit of history in Japan, as part of his "mysterious past". The anime's story will be based on the Wolverine mini-series by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, so The Hand ninja clan might be involved.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I learn something new every day. Still, the project is in its infancy, and I trust these existing canons will be adhered to somehow. It might not be the Wolverine I (very vaguely) remember watching as a child, but if there's an established conformity between the new stuff and the old I'll make no fuss. I'm quite sympathetic towards Madhouse as it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2