Forum - View topic
Movies on Neon Alley

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadarakiFran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote
Sunday is movie day. I've been pretty happy with the films on Neon Alley so far, but what other movies would you want to see?

On the animated front, it'd be great to see Redline, Summer Wars, Ghost in the Shell, the Gintama movie, any of the Detective Conan/case closed movies, Ninja Scroll, King of Thorn, Karas (both films), and Akira.

I didn't include any of the Studio Ghibli films because I imagine the rights are way too expensive, but obviously everyone loves those.

As far as live action: From Taiseng in particular, they have the Shaolin vs. Evil Dead films and I've wanted to see those. I'm a fan of Gordon Liu so any of his movies would be good too. There are some horror movies on Taiseng's web page that look interesting too (Haunted Office, Shiver) if you ever branched out of just martial arts films.

Funimation has some pretty quirky live action films: Alien vs. Ninja, Tokyo Gore Police, The Machine Girl, and RoboGeisha all come to mind.

Then there's always the live action Death Note movies...
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
The live-action kung fu films for FUNimation's Hong Kong Connection line would be a lot of fun to see. Smile
MadarakiFran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Really, all the Shaw Brothers films I've seen are great. I love the 36th Chamber of Shaolin/Master Killer (like I said, I'm a fan of Gordon Liu) and I'd be happy to see anything from Hong Kong Connection.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1