• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Virtua Fighter 2, Virtual-On to Be Downloadable on PS3/Xbox 360

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
This is an awesome collection, and it's neat to see that the entire Virtual-On series (at least, the arcade entries) will be on the Xbox 360, since it already has Oratorio Tangram & Force. Also, this collection will have the best version of Sonic the Fighters ever made available, since for the first time Metal Sonic, Dr. Eggman, & Honey will look to be fully playable.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt that Fighting Vipers will keep Pepsiman, but the additions to Sonic the Fighters more than makes up for it. I can't wait for this to come over to North America.
gsilver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully these ports make it to Steam. I was a big fan of Virtual On back in the day.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
Seems kind of weird to release a $380 controller for a download-only game. Then again it would be weirder to play Virtual On without a Twin Stick.
Zhane Masaki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
ITs Fei-Yen! S.L.C.! (She's Lost Control!)
Jinxey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:44 am Reply with quote
I agree with Fuuma, you are paying 76 times the cost of the game (figuring it is a 5 dollar game on psn) for the price of a remote. I know the game had a lot of love, but for 60 dollars cheaper, could get a high end graphics card for a pc, or even put it towards a 300 to 350 wii u.
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
This is an awesome collection, and it's neat to see that the entire Virtual-On series (at least, the arcade entries) will be on the Xbox 360, since it already has Oratorio Tangram & Force. Also, this collection will have the best version of Sonic the Fighters ever made available, since for the first time Metal Sonic, Dr. Eggman, & Honey will look to be fully playable.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt that Fighting Vipers will keep Pepsiman, but the additions to Sonic the Fighters more than makes up for it. I can't wait for this to come over to North America.

Yes, Metal Sonic, Dr. Eggman, and Honey will all be playable in the game. It has also been confirmed by SEGA that release of Sonic The Fighters in this collection will also feature online gameplay.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:16 am Reply with quote
LOL Sonic the Fighters is coming to XBLA!?!? That game is terrible.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 am Reply with quote
Jinxey wrote:
I agree with Fuuma, you are paying 76 times the cost of the game (figuring it is a 5 dollar game on psn) for the price of a remote.

A few months ago I got a Twin Stick and Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram for my Dreamcast for about $90 (including EMS shipping from Japan, but not including import duties). Much cheaper than the limited edition Twin Sticks from Hori. Last time I checked eBay sellers were asking at least $160 for the DC Twin Stick/VO:OO bundle (not including shipping), so I got lucky.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
If they come with online pay then I'll buy these.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
dear lord sega keep this up and you will have all my money "all joking aside it's nice to see these saturn games getting some new life"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Really awesome to see these games being re-released on PSN/XBL (I remember the days of being mocked because I bought a Sega Saturn because I wanted to play all the SEGA arcade games).

But, two things are missing and I hope SEGA re-releases them in the near future - Last Bronx and Dynamite Dekka (Die Hard Arcade) [This was on the Titan board, but still, one of the best 3D beat'ems up made)]
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote
So will this game ever come to USA on PS3, because I would love for us PS3 gamer to have this game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1