• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids Retains Financial Advisor to Consider Strategies

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:34 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
jonindarkrai wrote:
Well i bet they fell dumb that they got rid of pokemon. Get it back and thell suceed. TRUSTME 4KIDS

They didn't "get rid of it." Their license expired and the licensor (Pokemon USA / Nintendo) decided not to renew it. Instead, Pokemon USA now controls the license directly and is keeping all that money that they used to share with 4Kids.

Al Kahn, CEO of 4Kids, has made his anger over this issue abundantly clear many times.

-t
4Kids didn't have to share. That was the deal Kahn signed with Nintendo at the time. nintendo thought he was nuts to want to buy a cartoon about a Japanese video game, and laughingly took the flat $10 million, with no thought of royalties, expecting it to fail. Kahn saw the possibilities and took the risk and the rest is hi$tory. Problem was Nintendo took their eye off the ball and remained clueless until someone read about the box office results of the first movie round the world, and later discovered what complete plonkers they were. Kahn is only pissed because they caught on to him, and later lost probably the best meal ticket the company ever had to date, which is abundantly obvious with all this naval gazing, hand wringing, and considering selling off the family linen, and silverware at a garage sale.
lunacat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry but my god go after the shows for kids not teens and up I was thrown off one piece for like five years because when i first got into anime I thought they're version cept the english translation was the whole thing then later I find out it wasn't and found out it was awesome
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2