• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Suzumiya's Endless Eight Arc Confirmed to End

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calculusman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
wait, why does a magazine being published 4 days from now need to "confirm" that a story arc will end in an episode that is going to air tomorrow?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh how nice, then we can enjoy the last 5 episodes of a normal series again. Too bad the Endless Eight drags the entire thing down to a 3-4/10 regardless of how good the last episodes are.

Despite 2ch's raging, I bet most of them will still buy the DVDs regardless. Pa. The. Tic.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Seriously... why did they do that? Were they trying to piss off fans so they wouldn't have to make a third season? Making them angry will make them crave another season... you know because they totally screwed up the second season...
deathfromabove1993

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quote
OMG! Rolling Eyes
Finally, they better make more episodes, so they can make up for that arc!
corinthian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quote
If Bandai planned on licensing the second season, this arc probably moved their plans toward a season box set. I doubt there are many people who would drop $25-$30 for a DVD with the same episode on it four times.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
Seriously... why did they do that? Were they trying to piss off fans so they wouldn't have to make a third season? Making them angry will make them crave another season... you know because they totally screwed up the second season...

I think it's like I said, they (Kadokawa) thought they could get away with it. Only time will tell if their conjecture was right. If Haruhi Season 2 sells well throughout all of its DVDs, then I can say, anime is finished. This IS as bad as Shuffle! Memories as far as I'm concerned, probably because this was a more anticipated show, and one you could take more seriously.

corinthian wrote:
If Bandai planned on licensing the second season, this arc probably moved their plans toward a season box set. I doubt there are many people who would drop $25-$30 for a DVD with the same episode on it four times.

I'd say the first two Endless Eight episodes are decent, since they give you all the exposition and set up that the arc requires. But the other 6 episodes, which should be more than one DVD, is virtually worthless. Let's say the last episode of Endless Eight is a good finish, even then, 5 episodes, making an entire DVD, remains the same. I for one hope they can license the series, but cut out those episodes, or find a way to make them not factored into the cost.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
noooo, i was hoping for 50 eps for this.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm speech-less
Gibber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Calculusman wrote:
wait, why does a magazine being published 4 days from now need to "confirm" that a story arc will end in an episode that is going to air tomorrow?

Exactly what I thought when I read that lol but thank god it's ending. Looking somewhat forward to the remainder of the episodes.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
But we haven't seen Yuki try on absolutely every single mask at the O-Bon festival.

Though, I think, after three or four episodes with no conclusion, it was pretty obvious that the arc was going to live up to the title and go to number eight, ending in August (the month to which the title half refers to, with "8" also being the sign for infinity on its side).

EDIT:

corinthian wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't spend $25 to $30 on a DVD with just "Endless Eight" episodes.

I'd spend $40 to $50 on the Limited Edition version with the extra CD and pillowcase. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Ok so now we have 5 episodes to the season that could turn it around. Still it's a toss up between them doing Sigh or Vanishment
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Anyone want to bet this beat's K-ON's record
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quote
The damage, as far as I'm concerned, is done.

They wasted this season with this nonesense, and dragged the name of this program through the mud with it. How can one even justify being a fan of the show after this crap? They've scuttled their own best title.

I know I'll probably end up watching whatever comes next out of interest in the other storylines of the books, but the show just feels a little dimmer now.

Of course, I'm also assuming they're not lying. How am I supposed to trust the production company now?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Animastryfe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Anyone want to bet this beat's K-ON's record
Record for what?

Is the magazine referring to the episode that's coming out this week, or next week?
Heminga13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quote
So the rumor Newtype was going to run an Endless Eight feature was indeed true, eh? Well, it all adds up, anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9