• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows Game Heads to N. America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
formerroadie1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote
Stop releasing PSP games.... please!
Beized

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quote
Excellent, the first Corpse Party was delightfully terrifying, and with that ending a follow-up is much appreciated.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
The good news just keeps on coming!
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
YES! Yes! Yes!

*Goes to xSeed's forums to see all the happiness as well*

>>formerroadie1

Why? It's going to be a digital release, can't Vita use those as well? The original was a PSP digital release by xSeed, I think it's only fair this be as well. Plus I think the game in Japan was for the PSP and not the Vita.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote
TsubomiKoneko wrote:
YES! Yes! Yes!

My thoughts exactly! I know hints have been dropped recently, but I didn't want to get my hopes up! I'm very excited! I really enjoyed the first game.

Quote:
>>formerroadie1

Why? It's going to be a digital release, can't Vita use those as well? The original was a PSP digital release by xSeed, I think it's only fair this be as well. Plus I think the game in Japan was for the PSP and not the Vita.

Yeah Book of Shadows is PSP and I think you're right about the Vita. I think they have Corpse Party set up on PSN so Vita users can buy it as well!
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
I hope I'll be able to get it without shipping my Vita to the States. Australian PS Store accounts generally don't get access to EU games. Sad
Kurohei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
When it said digital release, I was kinda bummed. But when It said it'll only cost $9.99 It was as much as a bummer. I might consider getting it, if I ever get around to beating the first game.

However, I'm more looking for news as if Corpse Party Dead Patient will get an over seas release.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
formerroadie1 wrote:
Stop releasing PSP games.... please!

why?? I don't really see a problem with this since it will work with the vita.

Kurohei wrote:
When it said digital release, I was kinda bummed. But when It said it'll only cost $9.99 It was as much as a bummer. I might consider getting it, if I ever get around to beating the first game.

However, I'm more looking for news as if Corpse Party Dead Patient will get an over seas release.

Hmm that's a pc game right now so fan translations might jump on board faster than localization companies. If steam, manga gamer or jastusa could get hold of it.. then maybe but I only see an import then apply fan-patch right now..

In other news.. HELL YES this makes me all kinds of happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:

No, it's the first game that's on sale for $9.99.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:

Why is $10 a bummer? Most digital releases are full price as retail (see Vita's New Little King's Story and its $40 value....)
Besides, only the FIRST game will have the sale price. The new one will probably be $30 like the original price on the first.

As much as I love retail, the only way to get (and legally support) this game in english, is through DD. Xseed stated that they will still do retail releases, but depenfing on the title/platform. They are a tiny company who are not made of money to warrant everything as a physical release (especially PSP...)
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Besides, only the FIRST game will have the sale price. The new one will probably be $30 like the original price on the first.

I'm almost a 100% sure when the first Corpse Party went on sale it was $19.99.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
brand wrote:
Sheleigha wrote:

it was $20 I needed to buy a card to get the first game (I wasn't that impressed with the first game).
Tsuruya-San

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote
This news has made my day <3

I love the Corpse Party games so much, that I was impatient and imported the LE of the Japanese version. Will definitely be double dipping since it will be nice that I can finally understand it.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
brand wrote:
Sheleigha wrote:

Typo, I meant $20. Darn forum-unfriendly phones!
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome. I only played through the first chapter of the game before I moved on, but I was really impressed with the atmosphere of the game. And considering it was mostly 16-bit pixels, that's saying something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1