• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: D.I.C.E. Streaming on Toonami.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:
Good thing Bandai has Scrapped Princess or else it wouldn't have any respect points left. (Gundam SEED didn't help things)

What the heck are you talking about? Gundam SEED is an awesome series.

I also don't see where they've lost any "respect points" beyond the lack of heads-up concerning Zeta Gundam's theme songs. They're still putting out some of the most quality releases the domestic anime industry has seen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
biliano wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:
Good thing Bandai has Scrapped Princess or else it wouldn't have any respect points left. (Gundam SEED didn't help things)

What the heck are you talking about? Gundam SEED is an awesome series.

I also don't see where they've lost any "respect points" beyond the lack of heads-up concerning Zeta Gundam's theme songs.

I see because I'm a narrow-minded ignorant sob. SEED rubbed me the wrong way, despite me watching a nice portion of episodes, but I did like Mu LaFlaga.

Anyway, this is getting slightly off-topic. DICE=badder than bad.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:35 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
I see because I'm a narrow-minded ignorant sob. SEED rubbed me the wrong way, despite me watching a nice portion of episodes, but I did like Mu LaFlaga.

So...wait, why in the hell are you pulling this defensive "well you're just attacking me because I don't like ____ show" crap on me again? All I'm wanting to know is where you're getting this "Bandai doesn't deserve respect" bit from. Don't tell me it really is only about SEED & D.I.C.E., and nothing else. Please, a lot of other companies have done a whole lot worse than sponsoring two disapproving shows. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:25 am Reply with quote
It's a "what-has-been-done-lately-that's-pops-into-my-head" thing. Completely forgot about the rest of the Gundam franchise, and Cowboy Bebop which basically earns respect points on a constant basis. It really is because I'm ignorant. Misstatements all around and such.
hkrok76

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:03 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
I think I'd take Melody of Oblivion over this any day of the week.

Joe Mello wrote:
Calviin wrote:
It's like Bandai took SD Gundam, gave it the characters from the most recent season of Power Rangers, made them drive around in the Fuzors version of Zoids, but only after the Fuzors learned to act like the Transformers from Armada.
EW!

Man, you're making it sound like a Gainax anime. Stop! Wink

i find this funny...since Melody of Oblivion is a Gainax anime. haha.

hmmm. dice...another show i don't care about. i saw the trailer. there's nothing redeeming about it. i hope it sells a lot of toys though. which in turn i hope, gives xebec a lot of money, which i hope ultimately gives production ig money. in the end, i don't care if they make a series just for some money. i hope it does well and wish them the best of luck. i have a problem with someone bastardizing an already made product, but hey. the original is always there. so whatever about that. learn japanese and buy the japanese dvd or something. other than that. i just wanted to sock the theme song's singer. they didn't even try to find someone who could carry a tune, a horrible tune, but he still couldn't carry it. gah.
mossbam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:19 am Reply with quote
well....i'm not gonna act like i know a lot about anime or gainex..but i do know about adult swim and toonami...and all i can say is this is bad....this belongs on that Miguzi time slot or 6:00 in the morning with transfomers and what not.....they seem to put many bad shows on Toonami...i'm surprised Rurouni Kenshin is on there...
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:45 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry, but the whole "it's for kids so it's allowed to stink" argument is a cop-out. Children deserve quality programming just as much as anyone else. This reminds me of a comedian I was watching once, who pointed out that "when it comes to TV, we treat kids like dogs. You know how people are always like 'oh, don't throw out that meatloaf just because it fell on the floor! The dog'll eat it!' Same thing with kids and TV. 'Oh, don't throw out that batch of Family Matters, the kids'll watch it, they don't know any better!' "

Shows like this just hurt the American reputation of anime as a whole. Toonami, Bandai, and CN have proven in the past that they can do better than this. It's just laziness. Incendentally, I predict that Toonami will be history within a year's time.
Darkness©

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
I'm sorry, but the whole "it's for kids so it's allowed to stink" argument is a cop-out. Children deserve quality programming just as much as anyone else. This reminds me of a comedian I was watching once, who pointed out that "when it comes to TV, we treat kids like dogs. You know how people are always like 'oh, don't throw out that meatloaf just because it fell on the floor! The dog'll eat it!' Same thing with kids and TV. 'Oh, don't throw out that batch of Family Matters, the kids'll watch it, they don't know any better!' "

Shows like this just hurt the American reputation of anime as a whole. Toonami, Bandai, and CN have proven in the past that they can do better than this. It's just laziness. Incendentally, I predict that Toonami will be history within a year's time.

*Standing ovation*

Nicely put.

I watched it....Like everyone else said, it was really bad. There's no room in the first episode for plot development, We're just thrown into the middle of a random situation, and that's no way to start a series...

Ah well, at least it's only one season....but then again, I guess that'll last a while seeing as how Toonami airs once a week...
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Bandai has made their share of good and bad moves in the past. I didn't get to see this first episode, and may be too lazy to stream it, so I personally can't dertermine weither or not this was a bad move or not.

But keeping Dual Masters? At least with Rave Master, I got a decent few ounces of amusement every episode or so. =/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I just finished streaming the 2 parts of ep 1, and enjoyed it! Despite the obvious points, that everyone else has pointed out. I'm gonna watch this series, as it reminds me of ZOIDS, which is another good series, IMHO. Are they going to make D.I.C.E. toys and what not?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
JackBassV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
I just finished streaming the 2 parts of ep 1, and enjoyed it! Are they going to make D.I.C.E. toys and what not?

1: You seem to be totally alone in this Smile Still, there's stuff I like, that my friend hate - including Duel Masters lol.

2: DICE toys are the only reason for making it.

JBV^_^
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I think I found my zone out show Very Happy .

Really though, it wasn't that bad. The animation was pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote
So it turns out the episode shown on Cartoonnetwork.com (Operation Grand Prix) wasn't the first episode after all. I'm curious which episode that was. I wonder how many people missed the real first episode on Toonami thinking they had already seen it on CN.com?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
drakh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:39 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
So it turns out the episode shown on Cartoonnetwork.com (Operation Grand Prix) wasn't the first episode after all.

Actually, CN have streamed three different episodes so far. #1 (SOS from Planet Saffaron), #3 (Race Through the Plasma Blizzard) and #6 (Operation Grand Prix).
biliano*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quote
drakh wrote:
Emerje wrote:
So it turns out the episode shown on Cartoonnetwork.com (Operation Grand Prix) wasn't the first episode after all.

Actually, CN have streamed three different episodes so far. #1 (SOS from Planet Saffaron), #3 (Race Through the Plasma Blizzard) and #6 (Operation Grand Prix).

Then why would CN show Episode 6 on a premier date? That doesn't make any sense. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3