• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Animania Festival Weekend 2009, Sydney

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marinarara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Animania's largest event - the Animania Festival Weekend - is only around the corner! Shocked

From screenings to karaoke, art workshops to video games, panels to crazy stage shows, the 2009 Animania Festival Weekend is set to be an awesome event for fans of all ages! There'll also be plenty of interactive mini-games, cosplay games, dance classes, stallholders (plushies, DVDs, figurines, oh my!) and heaps more! Plus, the yummy Food Fair will be back too.

Visitors, and especially Cosplayers, will also be treated to the visual spectacular that is the Cosplay Competition as well as the mega final round of the World Cosplay Summit Australian Preliminary. The World Cosplay Summit draws Cosplayers from around the globe, including Germany, Finland, Italy, Brazil and America. Last year's preliminary competition saw Australian Cosplayers and supporting fans alike rally to present the best costumes. The winners of this year’s Preliminary will head to Japan in 2010 to compete in the World Cosplay Summit in Nagoya, Japan!

This mega weekend will be on at the Australian Technology Park on 5-6 September, and won’t be something to miss! Very Happy

Find out more about what will be on at the Animania Website: http://www.animania.net.au/2009/sydney-september/
Ringking

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quote
Wish they would do a 2 day up here in brisbane...

I geuss they only make it a single day since gencon is on the same weekend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1