• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Name Change: Naohiko Kyogoku -> Takahiko Kyogoku

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenextday

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote
person#88808

Here's his old website where he mentions his affiliation with Sunrise, where he still works today: http://web.archive.org/web/20050907205432/http://homepage3.nifty.com/tkyogoku/

Also, his Twitter handle is kyo_takahiko.

Unfortunately this incorrect reading has been spread so much that the correct reading brings up a mere two relevant results on Google.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Fixed.

Thanks a lot; his own website (fortunately recorded by Internet Archive) and Twitter handle are very solid evidences. Anime@wiki has his name in furigana on storyboarder and unit director lists -- but with question marks. There's only one Japanese web page had ever listed his name in たかひこ, and that was not official but merely a record of a bulletin board post, and the poster wasn't so sure about either way of spelling.

尚彦 is more readily transliterated as "Naohiko" and can't be typed as "Takahiko" with regular input method provided by Windows XP, but it is a legitimate spelling:
Quote:
たかひこ
高彦,高日子,嵩彦,隆彦,孝彦,貴彦,貴日呼,毅彦,喬彦,恭彦,恭比古,尭彦,堯彦,峻彦,栄彦,崇彦,節彦,尊彦,鷹彦,位彦,卓彦,廷彦,孚彦,威彦,宇彦,王彦,応彦,岳彦,傑彦,空彦,敬彦,啓彦,顕彦,賢彦,昂彦,剛彦,駿彦,尚彦,任彦,雄彦,誉彦,陽彦,多佳彦,多嘉彦,泰加彦,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1