• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kid the Magic Thief (Magic Kaito)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
The wiki entry is just Phantom Kaito.

I got 6 episodes of Kid the Phantom Thief (Magic Kaito)

The entry for Magic Kaito only shows 1 episode. I'm only posting this because I'm trying to make sure these are to the same OAV/Series I'm looking at on ANN.

anime#11329
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Based on what I'm seeing on other sites, nine episodes have aired so far, with a tenth episode scheduled to air. It is basically a series of specials that airs occasionally in Detective Conan's timeslot. Even though the specials have aired at various times over a period of more than two years, I think all of them could be listed under the single existing ANN encyclopedia page.
skyechan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
Based on what I'm seeing on other sites, nine episodes have aired so far, with a tenth episode scheduled to air. It is basically a series of specials that airs occasionally in Detective Conan's timeslot. Even though the specials have aired at various times over a period of more than two years, I think all of them could be listed under the single existing ANN encyclopedia page.

Agreed with the above.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Aoi_Sakaraba wrote:
The wiki entry is just Phantom Kaito.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Kaito does not exist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Kaito does.
If you are referencing some other wiki, it would help to be specific.

Quote:
I got 6 episodes of Kid the Phantom Thief (Magic Kaito)

The entry for Magic Kaito only shows 1 episode. I'm only posting this because I'm trying to make sure these are to the same OAV/Series I'm looking at on ANN.

Could you show us the covers?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
skyechan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
The series was only released on DVD recently. 10 Magic Kaito episodes have aired thus far during Detective Conan's timeslot and there will be at least 12 episodes total judging from the planned DVD releases. (4 DVDs are scheduled thus far.)

Official DVD release info is available on the Being Giza website: http://beinggiza.com/conan/onbd-2579.html

I received the first two DVDs in the mail the other day (purchased from CDJapan). The official title of the series is "Magic Kaito: Kid the Phantom Thief".

The confusion regarding the current ANN entry is because at the time the entry was made there was only one episode and no one knew there was going to be more. The translated title of the first episode (what the current entry refers to) is "The Revived Phantom Thief".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
A similar situation happens on those sporadic OAD bundled with specific limited edition volumes of manga; you never know when the next "episode" will materialize. We might need a new policy for this type of irregular release schedules, but frankly nothing is in a hurry now, as anyone could add additional information under the Vintage and/or the Release Dates tag.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
skyechan wrote:
I received the first two DVDs in the mail the other day (purchased from CDJapan). The official title of the series is "Magic Kaito: Kid the Phantom Thief".

I've set that as the main title then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1