• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy With Rob Bricken: Taito Cutie Honey

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:29 am Reply with quote
beastofbloodgaara wrote:
The sad thing is this isnt a bootleg. That is, if rob did get it from ToysLogic like he linked to. They never sell bootlegs and are my most trusted figure resource.

All and all that just makes this figure even more pitiful.

I'm glad that someone linked to that site. They have a few figures that have already been sold out of other sites. Unfortunately for me, I don't have the money right now to buy new figures, so I have to cross my fingers that someone else doesn't snap them up before I do.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 am Reply with quote
That's a terrible, terrible figure. Plus you would think for that amount of money they would a figure in one of her other outfits and not snot colored body mold.
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing it's a paint-it-yourself model. Not that it makes it much better, but...
Lonecow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Oh so THAT'S what one of the DVDs I won was, it was the Live Action Cutie Honey. Couldn't bring myself to try it and I'm pretty glad I didn't now.

Don't let this figure sway your judgment of Cutie Honey. Like it said in the article the movie was directed by Hideki Anno and is pretty good if you like over the top camp.

And not stupid unintentional camp.

Army of Darkness, Rocky Horror Picture Show level camp (though not horror camp). But if you can't appreciate that kind of stuff you better stay away.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm going on a limb here to say this figure had to have been a blind buy. For the images alone would have been more than sufficient as to warrant a pass on purchase.

But this didn't occur. So, instead, Taito (which answers the "...CUTIE HONEY STATUE LOOK LIKE THIS" question, btw) gets approval to make even more of these because someone bought this wasted fossil fuel.

Based on the images alone, this model screams "I am cheaply produced!!" and sure as heck doesn't warrant the MRSP. What were you (and ANN, if they did reimburse) thinking?

Had to say the review was a pleasure to read. Now, buy a magnifying glass and put this thing out of its misery for all collectors' sake.
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote
That is god-awful.
Krauser you so naughty! Laughing
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
ReiClone88 wrote:
You mean Sader?

Those CUHK students/alumni who praised Sader as a goddess happen to be my personal friends.Anime smile + sweatdrop

That video was hilarious... I read someone's posted the translation in the comments which made it funnier...
I say they should do the same with the Cutie Honey figure!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2