Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds RH Plus Vampire Boys-Love Drama


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
neocloud9



Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 1175
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Huh, sounds interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Great, gay vampires! Because yaoi/yuri/shounen-ai/shoujo-ai are things that isn't for me (at all really), I will not watch this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
kokuryu



Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 915

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Gay vampires? Interesting concept... I hope the show itself is good...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Boys-love (Japanese is shounen-ai) or yaoi is just another way of describing the love between two boys. Because I have a twisted conservative mind, I don't follow these stories.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
GATSU



Joined: 03 Jan 2002
Posts: 12542

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene: Don't forget that they're emo, too. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Altorrin



Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 281
Location: Florida, United States

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Gay vampires? Interesting concept... I hope the show itself is good...


You make it sound like it's some brand new idea they just thought up. It's called Anne Rice and Lestat, I believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Elf Warrior



Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 228

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the guys, you wouldn't know they were vampires. They all look like regular guys to me. How creative is that? Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Dark Elf Warrior commented:
Quote:
Looking at the guys, you wouldn't know they were vampires. They all look like regular guys to me. How creative is that?

This is real creative actually. Sarcastically speaking, it's just as interesting as the gay vampire thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
manafairy



Joined: 04 Oct 2003
Posts: 113
Location: My own tweaked world....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Tch, gay vampires shacked up together in a classy manor? three words: Shameless. Cheap. Fanservice.


I'm so in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote
manafairy comments:
Quote:
three words: Shameless. Cheap. Fanservice

Well, that just about sums it up. If it was one straight vampire and 3 straight chicks, I would so be there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
The_X_box_360



Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote
AoiHana, Saki, Kanamemo, HanasakeruSeishonen, Yokuwakaru Gendai Maho and, now..... RH Plus....... ????

I'm starting to wonder if Crunchyroll needs someone to inform them that they're about 25 years too late to make a point to support the advancement of gay/lesbian culture acceptance.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure an overwhelming majority of CR's audience is fine/tolerant with the homosexual media, but would greatly prefer straight plots, that don't center around gay and lesbian love, every so often..... >.>

Only, three of the Seven new "2009" anime, that have been added since spring, centered around non-gay-love plots. Furthermore, one of those three series was complete urination-fetish, orgasm-fanservice, male-on-female violence filthy trash....


I'm not trying to call Crunchyroll filthy-sex-crazed, taboo-love-obsessed, repulsive-fetish-addicted, pedophilia-engaged perverts or anything like that. I'm just saying.... don't forget about the other 90% of your audience, please.
We get that you all are into the alternative lifestyle and pervy fetish stuff, but we'd appreciate it if all of our most favorite new anime and Jdrama series being released each new season could stop being the ones that are NOT on CR.... some time soon, thanks. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blue1



Joined: 15 Aug 2009
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quote
The_X_box_360 wrote:
AoiHana, Saki, Kanamemo, HanasakeruSeishonen, Yokuwakaru Gendai Maho and, now..... RH Plus....... ????

I'm starting to wonder if Crunchyroll needs someone to inform them that they're about 25 years too late to make a point to support the advancement of gay/lesbian culture acceptance.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure an overwhelming majority of CR's audience is fine/tolerant with the homosexual media, but would greatly prefer straight plots, that don't center around gay and lesbian love, every so often..... >.>

Only, three of the Seven new "2009" anime, that have been added since spring, centered around non-gay-love plots. Furthermore, one of those three series was complete urination-fetish, orgasm-fanservice, male-on-female violence filthy trash....


I'm not trying to call Crunchyroll filthy-sex-crazed, taboo-love-obsessed, repulsive-fetish-addicted, pedophilia-engaged perverts or anything like that. I'm just saying.... don't forget about the other 90% of your audience, please.
We get that you all are into the alternative lifestyle and pervy fetish stuff, but we'd appreciate it if all of our most favorite new anime and Jdrama series being released each new season could stop being the ones that are NOT on CR.... some time soon, thanks. Smile


I wouldn't expect much from a site that had an ad for a mmorpg game featuring an 8 year old anime like character with a cleavage and developed breasts.

It's shows like what CR features and what a large percentage of the "anime" community deems catchy that make me want to puke. It's the same reason why I don't call myself an anime lover (although I have probably watched more 60s, 70s, and 80s animes when I was a kid than the majority of people here - animes that are not related to the plague of pervesion that pervades the anime culture today, old animes that would put them to shame in terms of culture and beauty.

I cannot associate myself with a large percentage of anime viewers who I find sickening. And a large percentage of crunchyroll viewers are exactly that.

edit: I am not trying to diss this new gay vampire show. Although I don't believe that homosexuality is normal, I found the relationship between Kaworu Nagisa and Shinji to be interesting, although platonic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 am Reply with quote
Blue1 writes
Quote:
Although I don't believe that homosexuality is normal, I found the relationship between Kaworu Nagisa and Shinji to be interesting, although platonic.

I somewhat feel the same thing about these two. But the intention was definitely to have a homoerotic vibe even if they are just too close to be just friends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
rikiki



Joined: 31 May 2008
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote
Seriously why come back again and again to post at some drama that you don't like or even plan to watch? And feeding on the hate somemore.

When I saw the title that it is Boys Love I go HAR??? Ok, maybe they put that term in to appeal to that group, fine.

Because as far as I know the drama itself really has almost little to nothing Boys Love, unless you watch with that in mind. Only the manga is coined Boys Love. Seriously lots of drama that adapted from shounen-ai manga has almost eliminated the boys love content and can be enjoyed normally.

I don't watch much dramas, but for me, any drama/movie production should be respected. And it is not made to be filthy like sex tapes(which some of you guys are talking like it is one, shameless?? cheap??) or something like that. I don't read the manga before(or even heard from it until months ago when the drama was just out) but from experiences, the drama should only be talking about them solving some crimes and other normal story telling plot and can be enjoyed like a normal story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Right when I thought the site didn't have enough loli/yuri content, we now get BL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group