• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shugo Chara's New Series to Reportedly Start in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:
I don't read the manga... so wait, the whole spoiler[Lulu-Nana-Mystery-Egg thing ] was filler? I guess that's not too surprising, though.

It was filler. The manga only has about 45 chapters as of now.

That explains it. The anime was a bit dull from the end of the Utau arc up until about the spoiler[Death Rebel] part picking up. It's still decent, but mostly not nearly as much fun. Plus, the whole, "When do we get to see Dia again?" issue. Lack of development for spoiler[Nagihiko] is getting to me, too. Did he come back in the manga, or is he still on the bus?
Cryssoberyl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote
This is excellent (if unsurprising) news; I love Shugo Chara.

As for Dia becoming a regular character: apart from voice acting issues, Dia is supposed to represent the special times when Amu is "shining her brightest". It makes sense for such a character to only come out at important moments.

Also, Lulu/Nana are my favorite character(s), so I'm perfectly happy with the anime doing its own thing if it continues to be so much fun.

Anime Staff: Just do what y'all wanna do. ^_~
bci110

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
bci110 wrote:
Maybe the mystery of Amu's fifth Guardian Character that I was reading on the Cruchyroll forum might surface in the upcoming series.

Wait, Amu has a FIFTH Chara?

Apparently, but that might have been more of a promotional event or a publicity stunt. But if Amu does have a fifth Chara it would make the new series that more interesting.
thewrll

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I have only watched the first episode of shugo chara but it was very good. The egg scene on the bed was genius.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I'd been worrying that 14 more episodes wouldn't be enough to resolve the main plot.

That was my main concern too. So, I think thousands of fans today (did you know SC is the 2nd most favorited show on Crunchyroll behind Naruto: Shippuuden?) just breathed a sigh of relief.

Also, I look forward to being strung along on the Amu/Ikuto/Tadase love triangle for another year. Twisted Evil

And more Buono! songs!
Annf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
(did you know SC is the 2nd most favorited show on Crunchyroll behind Naruto: Shippuuden?)

The numbers for those two are interesting.
Shugo Chara! is treated as one single series, but Naruto is split into Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.

"Favorites" count:
Naruto 40,181
Naruto Shippuden 73,162
Shugo Chara! 57,705

"Fans" count:

Narto 4,895
Naruto Shippuden 18,660
Shugo Chara! 29,986

Library comments:
Naruto 12,392
Naruto Shippuden 98,760
Shugo Chara! 146,317

Forum posts:
Naruto 29,741
Naruto Shppuden 39,245
Shugo Chara! 241,418
bci110

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
And more Buono! songs!

To be honest, I hope the Buono! songs in the upcoming season are better then those in the Doki series. Their songs in the Doki season weren't really that good in my view.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Shugo Chara has to be Peach-Pit's greatest achievement because it already has nearly 100 episodes.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
To be honest, I hope the Buono! songs in the upcoming season are better then those in the Doki series. Their songs in the Doki season weren't really that good in my view.

Hey now, I still have a lotta love for Lotta Love ... (please excuse horrible pun)

But otherwise I agree, the songs have gone downhill ever since Tsunku butted in and decided he wanted a piece of the action. Dude needs to leave anime theme songs to real anime theme songwriters.

"Renai Rider" for life
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Shugo Chara is a pretty good series,I just recently got into it,and i'm only on episode 9 on the first series.

as for Shugo Chara being the new sailor moon?...mmmmm.....actually Pretty Cure is pretty much the new long running sailor moon,I actually thought of Shugo chara to be the new Ojama Doremi,since Doremi has'nt had a new sequel in ages. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2