Forum - View topic
Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis on Blu-ray

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:32 am Reply with quote
Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis coming to Blu-ray (but on BD-R) by Sony (under Choice Collection).

Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis (BD-R) - 107 minutes - $26.99 - 2/21/17
Quote:
When sold by Amazon.com, this product is manufactured on demand using BD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.

For that want to import UK's release (via Eureka Entertainment)instead...

Amazon.co.uk
- OSAMU TEZUKAS METROPOLIS (Limited Edition Dual-Format) SteelBook [Blu-ray] | Janaury 16, 2017
- OSAMU TEZUKAS METROPOLIS (Standard Dual-Format Edition) [Blu-ray] | March 13, 2017

Zavvi
- Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis - Dual Format Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes DVD) Blu-ray | Janaury 16, 2017
- Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis - Dual Format (Includes DVD) Blu-ray | March 13, 2017
Blood-
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:42 am Reply with quote
I know a certain goose-loving Brit who is going to pleased by this.
classicalzawa
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
Sweetness! I saw that the UK was getting one, but now the US is getting one too, woohoo! I really do like this movie a lot, and definitely look forward to watching it in high def (now that I know better, lol), it was worth the upgrade for Iron Giant, so I'll be buying this one too!

Although, this looks like an Amazon-only thing, so I won't be finding this in Best Buy or Rightstuf then? I don't use Amazon much, now that they charge tax in my state, only use them for things that I have to.
Zin5ki
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Why, do my ears burn?

You see, classicalzawa! It was only a matter of time before it made its way over to you as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:06 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Although, this looks like an Amazon-only thing, so I won't be finding this in Best Buy or Rightstuf then? I don't use Amazon much, now that they charge tax in my state, only use them for things that I have to.

Not necessarily Amazon only. Kurozuka, Ultraviolet: Code 044, and others was on "demand DVD-R" and was sold by Amazon, Best Buy, Rightstuf, Rakuten and DVDPlanet. And they were all Sony titles as well. You probably wont find a physical copy in a store like Best Buy though, but it should be available to purchase from them online if they do end up selling it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:57 am Reply with quote
Oh, how I wanted to see this movie. But more recently, in our country lock of my favorite resources. Even a proxy server (advanced.name) is it not always helps. There are some alternative sources to these series? Thank you.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Does Amazon not ship to your country?
If you are talking about streaming, then I believe it is still available on crackle.com if that service is available in your country.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1