• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga Adds Maiden Rose Boys-Love Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peebs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote
This is the best news I've heard in a long time. I'm glad that June (the DMP imprint that will publish the book according to their website) got a hold of this title. It will finally see the light of day in English.

And pox to the people who will immediately scan the book and share it online. Don't they realize they're only hurting the manga-ka and the publishers! </rant>
sooocute

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote
It's great news but too bad, I wanted it under 801 Media, though. Oh well, I shouldn't complain 'cause it finally will be released next year unlike DramaQueen. Rolling Eyes
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I heard about this in the aarin forums last night and I'm pretty pleased at the rescue (I've been waiting for this one since DQ originally announced it). March seems so far away, though... Sad

Peebs wrote:
And pox to the people who will immediately scan the book and share it online. Don't they realize they're only hurting the manga-ka and the publishers! </rant>
Do people really do this with published English BL titles? I can't say I've ever seen any scans of the English books themselves (as opposed to scanalations done before a licensing).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JLightstar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Did DQ actually announced they were leaving the publishing business? Their website is still active. Course now if they would let Kitty Media get the rights to Naono Bohra's " A Desire Boy" and other titles they been withholding without any plans to print., books can actually get published!

I'm glad they got the right to Rose because it been on my reading list forever. Now I have to wait another few months...
emilydastrange

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:52 pm Reply with quote
sooocute wrote:
It's great news but too bad, I wanted it under 801 Media, though. Oh well, I shouldn't complain 'cause it finally will be released next year unlike DramaQueen. Rolling Eyes

I'm actually glad it isn't under 801 Media as I haven't had great experiences with them. Their translations don't "flow", and I've found translation errors (ex. Just Around the Corner, incorrect pronouns very frustrating since it changes meaning, makes no sense, etc.). I'm also have never really been thrilled about their prices. Their book quality is good, but I'm bitter about the translation/editing.

On the other hand, I really really like June and Deux Very Happy

And now to wait for more announcements of acquired DQ licenses.
sooocute

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:58 am Reply with quote
emilydastrange wrote:
sooocute wrote:

I'm actually glad it isn't under 801 Media as I haven't had great experiences with them. Their translations don't "flow", and I've found translation errors (ex. Just Around the Corner, incorrect pronouns very frustrating since it changes meaning, makes no sense, etc.). I'm also have never really been thrilled about their prices. Their book quality is good, but I'm bitter about the translation/editing.

On the other hand, I really really like June and Deux Very Happy

And now to wait for more announcements of acquired DQ licenses.

Majide? I guess I didn't really look into grammars and all that... many of their titles are great and the price still is reasonable when it comes to color inserts that other publishers never have done it... "/

I just thought it was weird seeing June took it up that seems not up to their typical mangas like those cute, fluffy, soft stories. "/ By the way, Deux is good but we shouldn't complain over publishers 'cause c'mon, few of DQ titles got rescued that we're long-awaiting for beside the translation will not be always perfect, right? =)
emilydastrange

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quote
sooocute wrote:

Majide? I guess I didn't really look into grammars and all that... many of their titles are great and the price still is reasonable when it comes to color inserts that other publishers never have done it... "/

I just thought it was weird seeing June took it up that seems not up to their typical mangas like those cute, fluffy, soft stories. "/ By the way, Deux is good but we shouldn't complain over publishers 'cause c'mon, few of DQ titles got rescued that we're long-awaiting for beside the translation will not be always perfect, right? =)

The translation won't be perfect, but editing is done for a reason. I don't really expect the extent of errors in a professional publication. I'm happy they release, but I think consumers should be slightly critical so these errors will get fixed in their future releases and everyone is happy Very Happy

Many of June's stories seems cute, fluffy, and soft, but not all perfectly fit that criteria. Still, it's being released and I'm happy Wink
yblees

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Peebs wrote:

Unfair accusation!
Scanlations already exist because DQ took so long to release. Nobody will bother to post another scanned copy unless it's amazingly better than the existing ones - which are beautifully translated as it is.

EDIT: And YES, I will be buying a paper set for my bookshelf.
Cait

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Do people really do this with published English BL titles? I can't say I've ever seen any scans of the English books themselves (as opposed to scanalations done before a licensing).

Yes, they do. There really are some unscrupulous people in the world. I can't fathom why anyone would go to the effort to actually buy the English volumes of a title and then scan and share them with other people for free, but I've seen it. I mean, seriously, even if you double-page it, it's still going to be 100 separate scans for each volume, not to mention that you're basically giving away, at the expense of your own time, something you paid money for. I've even seen scans of English editions of BL novels out and about. Makes me angry just thinking about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1