• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon's Charizard Gets His Own Nintendo 3DS XL Variant

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yaminokaitou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
He's also a goddamn dragon. Not a girly dragon like Dragonite, either. He's a legit big-winged, sharp teeth, sharp claws, loud roar, fire-breathing dragon. And his tail is on fire! Dude's a boss.

He's technically a fire/flying, not a dragon. But I see your point. Dragonite is actually my favorite pokemon, but Charizard was always my favorite starter of that generation.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote
DomonX2 wrote:
Looks like the name 'Charizard' is official even to the Japanese. I'll stop using speech marks for English names then. Screw that, why call something 'Nosepass', when the LAST 3 letters of the name is banned for English use? Don't you dare say 'it's called Nosepass in Japanese as well'.

What are you talking about? His name is Lizardon in Japanese. And why would Nintendo of Japan care what word is banned in America? The American company makes up their own rules/censorship. That's why things like the gay hitchhiker and rock girl and trap preschool teacher were created in the Japanese game, despite having to be edited out of the American version. Japan goes by their own rules. But yes, Nosepass is the Japanese name for that Pokemon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2