• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop Licenses .hack//4koma Gag Comedy Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
First thought: Excellent, more .Hack to pre-/order
*sees cover art*
Second thought: I don't have to be proud of all my purchases, right?
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I might buy this if the new paper Tokyopop's going to use meet my standards. (Aren't transparent and easily torn if you're not handling it meticulously.)

Otherwise, I'll take the money elsewhere.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
They should pick up .hack//LINK to tie-in to what is rumored to be the final .hack game.
lys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:20 am Reply with quote
At this webinar-thing, Tokyopop also announced that several more of its hiatused series would be making a return, though they didn't give specific dates yet (i'd guess mid-late 2010 since the publishing schedule for fall and next spring is probably already set). The list included Nosatsu Junkie, Suppli and others... Yay!

I expect the paper will be back to normal good-quality by the time these books are out, per their previous announcements on the subject.
Bara_Megami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quote
Lys wrote:
Suppli

Thank f#ck. When's the next webinar or w/e, I want to see it. I do love Tokyopop, and I really do hold out hope that they'll get out of their rut, and ressurection of stalled series is a HUGE positive step.

And you know, TP has really supported the .hack franchise. I think that's the one ongoing franchise they haven't dropped the ball on. I don't really give a sh!t about .hack anymore, but really, I'm happy the .hack//junkies (Rolling Eyes) haven't been burned.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quote
...so they have almost every form of .hack print licensed... but what about ZERO?! It seemed to have been skipped entirely, and since the storyline has since past, I wonder if they'll ever go back and pick it up...
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 am Reply with quote
I've read a few of the .hack//4koma stories that were bundled in scanlation releases of other .hack manga and really liked them despite usually not finding 4koma manga particularly funny. It's nice to see Tokyopop still showing interest in .hack.

Primus wrote:
They should pick up .hack//LINK to tie-in to what is rumored to be the final .hack game.

I'm sure they will, but like with G.U. they'll probably wait until closer to the game's release to announce it.

On a side not, can't wait for LINK. Finally a chance to see Alberio in action!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote
Yes! YES! Very Happy I'm so HAPPY!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1