• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat Anime Promo Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote
What.. re-reads synopsis, well okay then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Generic boy meets girl premise. No thanks. Plus lol jc staff.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
sakurasou no pet na kanojo is something I'm enjoying...but then I heard its staff from other studios? So I wonder....
art is cute, I read the manga...was interested at first then gradually got generic and boring.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:

Man, an unqualified and unjustifiable slam on J.C. Staff. It must've been about four minutes since I've read one of those... Rolling Eyes

Just put it in your sig line if you have to advertise it so bad, already people.

On Topic: I've been looking forward to this one for a while.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
ah well, JC staff really?

I like JC staff animes normally

but this looks so.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
this show is not really generic.

I read some of it a year or two ago and it's not a typical school comedy, it's more like nyan koi where something strange happens.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I'll be avoiding this one.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
opn wrote:

Man, an unqualified and unjustifiable slam on J.C. Staff. It must've been about four minutes since I've read one of those... Rolling Eyes

Whenever I read a diss on J.C. Staff I know I'm dealing with a complete idiot. Yeah, J.C. Staff are the people responsible for such awful shows like Azumanga Daioh, A Certain Magical Index, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Excel Saga, Hayate the Combat Butler!!, His and Her Circumstances, Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, R.O.D. The TV, Shakugan no Shana, Slayers, Taisho Baseball Girls, Toradora! and Zakuro.

What bums. Rolling Eyes
TJR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
sakurasou no pet na kanojo is something I'm enjoying...but then I heard its staff from other studios?

No, they're working with their usual staff and contractors. So far, the team has been stacked with veteran storyboarders, episode directors, and animators, which is something we haven't seen in a while (on other seasons, they've been spread across multiple series instead of being concentrated on a single one). Composite effects were outsourced to Madbox, but that's a post-production procedure that has no impact on animation or content.

At any rate, J.C.STAFF produced the outstanding Joshiraku last season (and IIRC, Ano Natsu de Matteru was quite popular), so they're still capable of doing good work.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty disappointed to hear this is JC Staff... I was expecting AIC Build since they're the best when it comes to big name LN Romcoms. Hopefully it'll be as good as Pet Girl
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, J.C. Staff are the people responsible for such awful shows like Azumanga Daioh, A Certain Magical Index, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Excel Saga, Hayate the Combat Butler!!, His and Her Circumstances, Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, R.O.D. The TV, Shakugan no Shana, Slayers, Taisho Baseball Girls, Toradora! and Zakuro.
Those fiends!
AlanMintaka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I liked the music.

I haven't read the Manga, though, and I found both the synopsis and trailer to be somewhat lacking in information. What distinguishes it from the boy-meets-girl premise that you're all talking about?

Something to do with the Cat statue, and praying to it? What happens? I don't mean the end result, that much is obvious. I mean, what does the cat do in terms of how it grants wishes, gets payback (if it does), "comes to life", etc? Does it move around and interact with the characters throughout the series?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
Heres a more extended trailer with audience reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YjDeQ0N30F8#!

They especially loved when Yui Ogura spoke for the first time. She's a real up and coming seiyuu, so I'm glad to see her get a significant role here.
AlanMintaka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

They especially loved when Yui Ogura spoke for the first time. She's a real up and coming seiyuu, so I'm glad to see her get a significant role here.

Nice trailer, thanks! There was that great music again. It's simple, but I like it a lot.

When the audience reacted, did they recognize her voice, or just like the style?

She got a laugh with that last line. Any idea what she said?

It's starting to look more and more interesting. I've always preferred watching Anime in Japanese dialog with English subtitles, so I can appreciate her voice acting too.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

HAY THAR TOKI.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2