• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Network Adds Clannad After Story, He is My Master

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote
It hurts to see this. but whatever, good things comes to those who wait..................... Its gonna be one hell of a wait.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
psychopuppet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy Excellent news already have both on pre-order ,but getting a snack a month early is nice. Glad someone at least picked these up in the first place . Shame no dub ,but hey as long as we get more Anime as who can really complain?

Well now to wait for some LP to come crap on the parade if they have not already while I was typing.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote
psychopuppet wrote:
Very Happy Excellent news already have both on pre-order ,but getting a snack a month early is nice. Glad someone at least picked these up in the first place . Shame no dub ,but hey as long as we get more Anime as who can really complain?

Well now to wait for some LP to come crap on the parade if they have not already while I was typing.
Not everyone can even handle subs so theres probably plenty of people who can complain. I won't complain but I won't be buying them either...not with all the places I can watch these streamed or "other ways". If it had dubbed options I'd probably buy all of clannad
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
psychopuppet wrote:

Not everyone can even handle subs so theres probably plenty of people who can complain. I won't complain but I won't be buying them either...not with all the places I can watch these streamed or "other ways". If it had dubbed options I'd probably buy all of clannad

You would probably just watch the dub via "other ways".
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:42 am Reply with quote
I see this has be sanitised of anything ADV as a brand. Wink I can't get this because of where I live, but it's just as well. I have better things to do than sit through this Misogynistic Otaku Effluent. Rolling Eyes
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:24 am Reply with quote
It'd be nice to see Clannad AS early, but I think I'll stick to the DVD's (which I already have preordered!)
jenthehen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:57 am Reply with quote
I really wish they had dubbed Clannad ... the Air and Kanon dubs are so good Sad *sigh*
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
Now hopefully their streaming works for me on Monday. I couldn't get them to work on their last "free" day. (I was trying to watch Clannad)
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see this! Where do I sign up for the online stream?
SXAniMedia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
I can't wait to see this! Where do I sign up for the online stream?

www.theanimenetwork.com

Then "Create an account" (top right) area of the frontpage.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote
jenthehen wrote:
I really wish they had dubbed Clannad ... the Air and Kanon dubs are so good Sad *sigh*

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, the Air dub could have been a LOT better if someone else had played Misuzu.

I don't HATE Monica Rial's performance, but I think Hilary Haag would have been a MUCH better option.

Literally, it's the only gripe. ADV had the option and I think had put her in a role as Becky for Pani Poni Dash not too long prior to Air's licensing.

Sorry, I just... can't let that comment go by. Nothing personal just...

It could have been perfect with her voicing Misuzu. They nailed it with Luci Christen as Haruka though, I wouldn't have had that any other way.

Sorry... Back on topic now:

I hadn't known how Anime Network functioned until now but maybe I'll look into a subscription...
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Does the fact that I can't see either show on the site anywhere mean it isn't available here, or am I just blind?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SXAniMedia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Does the fact that I can't see either show on the site anywhere mean it isn't available here, or am I just blind?

You're not blind. Wink

It's premiering in North America first (for the Labor Day Event). It will likely be available to the UK at a later time.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
jenthehen wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, the Air dub could have been a LOT better if someone else had played Misuzu.

I don't HATE Monica Rial's performance, but I think Hilary Haag would have been a MUCH better option.

Literally, it's the only gripe. ADV had the option and I think had put her in a role as Becky for Pani Poni Dash not too long prior to Air's licensing.

Sorry, I just... can't let that comment go by. Nothing personal just...

It could have been perfect with her voicing Misuzu. They nailed it with Luci Christen as Haruka though, I wouldn't have had that any other way.

Sorry... Back on topic now:

I hadn't known how Anime Network functioned until now but maybe I'll look into a subscription...

Griping over ONE voice isn't a major complaint, though ... I liked Monica Rial's performance a lot, actually. I think Kanon has a fabulous dub, too. I wish Clannad had gotten the same treatment as Air and Kanon D:
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1