• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CW4Kids Replaces Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's with 1st Yu-Gi-Oh! Show

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bell02

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:00 am Reply with quote
I think it's just off season for 5D's as well, but that switch for Kamen Rider was an extremely sh*tty move. I mean, they are not adult swim, they don't have the leeway to change the schedule to weird times without announcing anything. I just can't wait till CN or Disney Anime hyper airs it so I can leave the 4Kids block for good!
russ869

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing any incarnation of YGO is good for is more fodder for LittleKuriboh. Laughing

"My hair is assaulting this small child!"

The people who make these kinds of comments...

...have to go sit on THAT side of the internet.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:

Yugioh Duel Monsters is still the best, but 5D's is a lot less embarrassing than GX was...that was horrible.

It bitterly amuses me that every YGO related thread in this place (and others that I don't care to name right now) turns into one big pile of GX bashing. No wonder I still want absolutely nothing to do with this fandom and generally like to pretend that it doesn't exist to begin with. -_-[/quote]

Well they cancelled season 4 so it's not a susprise. However calling it horrible isn't cause it's actually good. Also season 2 and three's OP were good as well. it's unfortunate that 4kids still has the license cause though the're making it a decent kids show, the yugioh series in general should be handeled by media blasters since their now starting to take over similar series like Voltron.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
LordPrometheus wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing any incarnation of YGO is good for is more fodder for LittleKuriboh. Laughing

"My hair is assaulting this small child!"

The people who make these kinds of comments...

...have to go sit on THAT side of the internet.

Oh geez... lighten up. I was speaking tongue-in-cheek. Rolling Eyes It's a kids show for Ra's sake. If you're taking it so seriously that you can't stand to have fun poked at it, something's wrong with you.
kow626

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
don't really care about yu-gi. did notice the tmnt top 10 though. didn't realize a "new" season was about to start. go to 4kids site to peep the trailer and none of the vids load. that sucks. i assume it's just a repeats of eps past so doesn't seem like i'm missing anything since i've seen every ep to date.

far as yu-gi goes, i did peep the 1st ep of the 1st season when it premiered and didn't like it. so the replacement don't bother me none.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote
This is not as bad as the Disney Anime hyper with Shippuden.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2