• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Do You Think the Intention of This Image Is?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Do You Think the Intention of this Image Is?
I think the illustrator wanted to show an innocent scene of platonic affection.
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
I rilly, rilly don't know or give a crap
14%
 14%  [ 12 ]
I think the illustrator wanted to titillate viewers
75%
 75%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 82

faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
A further caveat: I am interested in what YOU think the INTENTION of the image is, from the prospective of whomever created it. I am not interested in what reaction YOU personally have to the image, although feel free to add that in a message, if you wish. What I am trying to gauge here is what you THINK the illustrator was trying to accomplish.
Both at the same time? It'snot impossible... Wink

Create something ambiguous, sit back and enjoy. Razz
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I think he is trying to show a platonic relationship whilst at the same time titillate the viewers... Who am I kidding!

I did vote for 3 though as the platonic relationship could have easily been shown with them wearing clothes which are not see through and do not "show off" a camel toe.

Although I am a male I'm sure if my mother, back in the day, laid on a bed like that with me and someone saw I'm sure social services would have something to say, my guess it would be along the lines of "we are taking your child away from you as you are trying sexually exploit this child"... That's only a guess though Laughing Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2