• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Great Canadian Evangelion Ticket Give-Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote
i, too, encountered confusion when going to pick up my ticket. fortunately one guy at the counter knew what was going on so it all worked out.

also, i was a little surprised. after hearing some people saying there were only maybe 6 or 10 people for some of the us screenings, i wasn't expecting the theater to be 2/3 full.
CruzMissile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote
The theatre I went to (metrotown, burnaby) was having problems with the sound.... they had to re-start the movie 3 times before getting it right. Apparently some other theatres cancelled the showing cause they couldn't figure out the problem. Anyone else encounter this issue?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
deafcat27 wrote:
I went to tonight's showing at the North Oshawa theater with my email confirmation of winning.

However, they thought I was being sent the ticket by mail. In fact they weren't even given a list of the winners. Therefore they were confused about it.

Fortunately they gave me a free pass anyway.

But for others going on Saturday I thought this would help.

Thanks for letting us know. Someone else contacted us about this problem at the North Oshawa theater as well. I've informed Eleven Arts, which is the promotion company that is dealing with the theaters. Hopefully everything will be sorted out for Saturday.

I'm glad they let you in regardless, and I apologize for the confusion.

-t
clamzany

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote
CruzMissile wrote:
The theatre I went to (metrotown, burnaby) was having problems with the sound.... they had to re-start the movie 3 times before getting it right. Apparently some other theatres cancelled the showing cause they couldn't figure out the problem. Anyone else encounter this issue?

I saw it last Wednesday in London and yup, there were some issues with the sound here as well, but it was eventually fixed.

Has anybody been able to find the box office take for the Canadian airings? I can't find anything about it, and I know it made a fair chunk of change at my theatre. It was nearly full, which was great to see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6