Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kannagi's Eri Takenashi to Rest for At Least 1 Year


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hikaru004



Joined: 15 Mar 2004
Posts: 2303

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quote
You mean she hasn't been "forgiven" yet? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 9538
Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan, ROC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Eh, if she has carpal tunnel syndrome or whatnot, I don't think it's good for her wrist if she keeps practicing "Kira!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Essedus



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote
"Get well soon" is all I want to say to her.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CCSYueh



Joined: 03 Jul 2004
Posts: 2707
Location: San Diego, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Eh, if she has carpal tunnel syndrome or whatnot, I don't think it's good for her wrist if she keeps practicing "Kira!!"


depending on the quality of the wrist splints, it shouldn't matter what sort of dance move she's doing if it's carpal tunnel, but it is pretty difficult to write in the splints, much less draw. I've watched 2 co-workers go thru the operations-one for something in the elbow that took 3 times longer than the drs said it would take to heal properly & she's still wearing the thing on her elbow & the other needed both wrists done, but they only work on one at a time since one needs to be able to function on some level. The fact family needs to prepare meals for her is also puzzling unless we're talking something affecting mobility or again, both wrists. (unless she's too klutzy to cook with her other hand or really hates microwave meals)
This sort of sounds more like the elbow thing unless for some reason they'd do both wrists at once, what with family helping her, etc. so I'm not sure it's as simple as carpal tunnel. The term "illness" also suggests something like a form of arthritis maybe or some other thing she had little control over, though I don't see her dancing much with arthritis. Hope she gets thru this better than ever so it's worth the suffering thru the rehab side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Kimiko_0



Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 1579
Location: Leiden, NL, EU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I found that the anime left some issues that seemed important unresolved, so I hope we'll see a second season some time. Best wishes for Takenashi-san's recovery.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
kokuryu



Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 915

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I hope her fans stop the nonsense they have been putter her though and support her getting well.

I for one would like to see her get better and be able to return to drawing manga. I would like to see Kannagi continue the way she wanted it to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapet



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 1472

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
all I can say is I hope she gets well soon

it's at least nice to hear that she's doing well even if fans are doing what fans do over things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hikaru004



Joined: 15 Mar 2004
Posts: 2303

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:35 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
dormcat wrote:
Eh, if she has carpal tunnel syndrome or whatnot, I don't think it's good for her wrist if she keeps practicing "Kira!!"


depending on the quality of the wrist splints, it shouldn't matter what sort of dance move she's doing if it's carpal tunnel, but it is pretty difficult to write in the splints, much less draw. I've watched 2 co-workers go thru the operations-one for something in the elbow that took 3 times longer than the drs said it would take to heal properly & she's still wearing the thing on her elbow & the other needed both wrists done, but they only work on one at a time since one needs to be able to function on some level. The fact family needs to prepare meals for her is also puzzling unless we're talking something affecting mobility or again, both wrists. (unless she's too klutzy to cook with her other hand or really hates microwave meals)
This sort of sounds more like the elbow thing unless for some reason they'd do both wrists at once, what with family helping her, etc. so I'm not sure it's as simple as carpal tunnel. The term "illness" also suggests something like a form of arthritis maybe or some other thing she had little control over, though I don't see her dancing much with arthritis. Hope she gets thru this better than ever so it's worth the suffering thru the rehab side.


But it shouldn't take a year for carpel tunnel surgery recovery.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neocloud9



Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 1175
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
What went on between Takenashi and her fans? I feel like I missed something...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hikaru004



Joined: 15 Mar 2004
Posts: 2303

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
What went on between Takenashi and her fans? I feel like I missed something...


You missed out on the fun....

Basically, in the manga, Nagi was spoiler[(or rather Goddess Nagi) found to have feelings for someone other than Jin. A past boyfriend no less. Another hint in the manga was that she wasn't a virgin.]

This revelation caused a huge otaku storm in Japan with fans destroying their Nagi merchandise and posting pics online. Nagi was called "second hand" online and hentai dealing with the scenario started popping up in retaliation. The franchise hasn't recovered from that incident. The incident prob killed any plans for a season 2 anime imo.


Edit: Fans were even threatening her. (I don't think that I can post this link. So if anyone wants it, PM me. )

That's why I don't think it's as simple as recovering from an illness unless she was thrown into depression from the incident.


Last edited by hikaru004 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapet



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 1472

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
it's sad to the anime could use a season 2, I mean I loved the anime and the manga is great as well.

But really Japan needs to learn whats 2D and fake from the 3D world some times
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hikaru004



Joined: 15 Mar 2004
Posts: 2303

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Well they did spend a lot of money on a fantasy of a virgin only to have it dashed. She should have known what her target population is like imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kimiko_0



Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 1579
Location: Leiden, NL, EU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Pfft. How childish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
neocloud9



Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 1175
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
This revelation caused a huge otaku storm in Japan with fans destroying their Nagi merchandise and posting pics online. Nagi was called "second hand" online and hentai dealing with the scenario started popping up in retaliation. The franchise hasn't recovered from that incident. The incident prob killed any plans for a season 2 anime imo.


Oh, you've gotta be kidding me. I think that's a great plot twist! It just makes me want a second season that much more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hikaru004



Joined: 15 Mar 2004
Posts: 2303

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:
This revelation caused a huge otaku storm in Japan with fans destroying their Nagi merchandise and posting pics online. Nagi was called "second hand" online and hentai dealing with the scenario started popping up in retaliation. The franchise hasn't recovered from that incident. The incident prob killed any plans for a season 2 anime imo.


Oh, you've gotta be kidding me. I think that's a great plot twist! It just makes me want a second season that much more!


No that's it. The paying fans disagreed with you on that particular plot twist. She's stuck with a franchise that she put into a coma causing the Nagi meal train for lots of businesses to derail.

Makes you wonder if this even affected the dub for this show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group