• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yoshiyuki Tomino Keynote & Focus Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
It's good to see that Tomino is still whimsically odd. It makes me look forward to reading the Q&A transcript.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quote
Anyone know when the questions we all submitted will be put to Tomino? Every time I see a article on him I think "This is it" but no, it is questions someone else asked him. When will it be ANN's turn?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Anyone know when the questions we all submitted will be put to Tomino? Every time I see a article on him I think "This is it" but no, it is questions someone else asked him.

Heh, I have the same thoughts. I feel so teased.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Anyone know when the questions we all submitted will be put to Tomino? Every time I see a article on him I think "This is it" but no, it is questions someone else asked him. When will it be ANN's turn?

The questions asked on the forums that were approved by Tomino's handlers were asked during the Q&A panel. These things, however, do take time to transcribe and edit. So just be patient for a couple of days.

Edit: just to lower expectations, the ANN reader questions were intended to be folded into the normal Q&A panel but there were a ton of fans attending and only around 3 from the forum got asked. There were just too many people there, and it would've been bad form to continuously cut off the people in attendance to ask forum questions.

In the future if we do something like this again we're going to have to request a special personal audience with the guest wherein only forum questions are asked. This is definitely a live-and-learn situation.

I can confirm that dtm42's question was one of the ones that did get answered at the panel, though.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quote
Psh, none of mine?

Well, whatever. Looking forward to reading his responses, regardless. Tomino's an interesting fellow.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:42 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
I can confirm that dtm42's question was one of the ones that did get answered at the panel, though.

Talk about the pressure of responsibility. I just hope it sounded no less retarded when spoken out loud as I thought it did when written on my monitor. I also hope he didn't get offended by it, and that he didn't try and avoid answering it.

Well, this is Tomino we're talking about. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
kaito2198

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:33 am Reply with quote
Hello everybody, did Mr Tomino said anything about his future plan or work like "6Ring of Gundam" or a brand new work in the keynote or Q&A?
kaito2198

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:39 am Reply with quote
http://news.toonzone.net/articles/31206/nyaf2009-yoshiyuki-tomino-qampa-panel-report

I found the article about the Q&A, but I don't know what Tomino said, so could somebody explain for me? thanks.

Quote:
Q: With the short film "Ring of Gundam," do you feel his work is complete, or would you like to expand it?

TOMINO: I hate to make any comments about anything might happen to this world after my death, so I don't think I can adequately comment on that, which means that Gundam will probably continue on for another 20-30 years. (Laughter and applause)
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:16 am Reply with quote
kaito2198 wrote:

Ah, I kind of like Tomino's answer to my question. He believes that war isn't necessary, but he has the realistic attitude that war won't go away, although it might take on new forms in the future. Very interesting.

Thanks for the link, kaito2198.
rockman nes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

The questions asked on the forums that were approved by Tomino's handlers were asked during the Q&A panel. These things, however, do take time to transcribe and edit. So just be patient for a couple of days.

Edit: just to lower expectations, the ANN reader questions were intended to be folded into the normal Q&A panel but there were a ton of fans attending and only around 3 from the forum got asked. There were just too many people there, and it would've been bad form to continuously cut off the people in attendance to ask forum questions.

In the future if we do something like this again we're going to have to request a special personal audience with the guest wherein only forum questions are asked. This is definitely a live-and-learn situation.

I take it my questions didn't get asked Sad
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quote
rockman nes wrote:

Somebody asked a question similar to your ZZ Gundam question (about whether there might be a movie trilogy for it). Tomino's response?

Tomino wrote:
I actually didn't even really want to hear that question.

It's right there in the link that kaito2198 provided.
rockman nes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
rockman nes wrote:

Somebody asked a question similar to your ZZ Gundam question (about whether there might be a movie trilogy for it). Tomino's response?

Tomino wrote:
I actually didn't even really want to hear that question.

It's right there in the link that kaito2198 provided.

Ah. Looks like even Tomino thinks it's a steaming pile Laughing
kaito2198

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I has read the Q&A about three times, and I think this time is a very good Q&A. The thing I appreciate most is ANN did really asked many questions from the forum. That's quite different style in my country nor in JAPAN's interview, so I am really glad to experience that. As I know, most questions in this Q&A are in high level, some questions you can't even hear in Japan.

http://www.animevice.com/nyaf09-tomino-keynote-part-1/113-163/
http://www.animevice.com/nyaf09-tomino-keynote-part-2/113-162/

Also, I has found the video of Tomino-san's keynote, and I am trying finding the video of this Q&A so that I may try to read implied meaning outside of the translation in that link. Of course I don't mean I know anything about Tomino-san, but I am familiar of Japanese more, so I may listen more from Tomino-san's word than translated English topic.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the video links, kaito2198!
kaito2198

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:33 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Thanks for the video links, kaito2198!

You are welcome, because I am a kind of TOMINO watcher, so this is some kind of daily work for me Very Happy

Another one more clear keynote video.
http://animediet.net/conventions/gundam-creator-tomino-nyaf
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1