Forum - View topic
NEWS: Life's Suenobu to Launch Limit Manga on October 13




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tasogarenootome



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 524

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm almost willing to bet the incident involves bullying, pregnancy, rape, or something else. I liked Life, but it was so much like her previous works Vitamin and Happy Tomorrow that I really want her to try something different. Like comedy. Or magical girl. Or a shonen manga.

About ninja or pirates.

Who get bullied or pregnant...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 1618

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited about this. Maybe it'll get licensed by someone other than Tokyopop (*cough* DEL REY *cough*) along with the rest of Life and it'll be published in full.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
bigheart711



Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 107
Location: Celebrating in Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quote
tasogarenootome wrote:
I'm almost willing to bet the incident involves bullying, pregnancy, rape, or something else. I liked Life, but it was so much like her previous works Vitamin and Happy Tomorrow that I really want her to try something different.
Chances are, the incident could be something Suenobu never wrote about before. Hell, said incident might involve one of the group's own! You never know what the f**k she'll come up with.

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I'm excited about this. Maybe it'll get licensed by someone other than Tokyopop (*cough* DEL REY *cough*) along with the rest of Life and it'll be published in full.
I hope that happens too. Either Del Rey, Yen Press or Viz would be fine. They actually translate the sound effects without altering them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Mad Manga Massacre



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 866

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I'm excited about this. Maybe it'll get licensed by someone other than Tokyopop (*cough* DEL REY *cough*) along with the rest of Life and it'll be published in full.

Hopefully they wait 2-3 years before licensing so we do not have to wait nearly a year between volumes right from the beginning. Del Rey would be the most likely publisher to license th rest of life; hopefully someone does because the series really caught my interest.... Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 1618

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quote
bigheart711 wrote:
I hope that happens too. Either Del Rey, Yen Press or Viz would be fine. They actually translate the sound effects without altering them.


Viz changes the soundeffects to English.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group