• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Berserk GN 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
+ Guts fights a whale(!).

This made my day Laughing

Thank you for perfectly nailing my current sentiments towards the series. It is indeed in a bit of a slump, but luckily things promise to start to get more interesting by the end of vol. 30
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:48 am Reply with quote
Personally, I think this seems a little harsh. Not every volume is going to involve massive, plot changing consequences. Especially in the case of a series as long as Berserk. As you said, there's a pretty nice mix of action, plot advancement and characterization here. The action does stretch on a bit longer that is necessary but then, it's very good action and does serve to reveal a few things.

By the way, not to nitpick (I'm very glad to see you guys reviewing Berserk) but why are you doing Vol 28 when Vol 31 is out in a week?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
By the way, not to nitpick (I'm very glad to see you guys reviewing Berserk) but why are you doing Vol 28 when Vol 31 is out in a week?

It all depends on 1) when they're sent the volume and 2) when they have the time to read and review it. Sometimes they get them well in advance and can review them before they're even available, sometimes there's a real backlog.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1