• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Viz Media Brings the Animated Shojo Title – Honey and Clover – to Fans in a Special Uncut DVD Bo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I just hope that, by "uncut", the original music is there, because the AOD'ers are saying that's not the case w/ Nana.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I just hope that, by "uncut", the original music is there, because the AOD'ers are saying that's not the case w/ Nana.

yes "uncut" my ass. the first ending theme olivias "a little pain" was taken out and "starless night" was used. why? who knows. some say because it sounded too similar to a kelly clarkson song? they kept it in at the record store scene but not as the ending. lets hope they don't edit it out spoiler[at the trapnest concert in the next box Sad] oh well. was worth the $50 i spent. nana is one of my favorite anime and manga. ever.

any news on if honey and clover part 1 will come with anything special like the nana guitar pick? Very Happy
bigheart711

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
GATSU wrote:

yes "uncut" my ass. the first ending theme olivias "a little pain" was taken out and "starless night" was used. why? who knows. some say because it sounded too similar to a kelly clarkson song?

I don't think "a little pain" sounded like a Kelly Clarkson song at all. Also Both Nana and Honey and Clover are like a drug that keeps you hooked until you can't take it anymore. They're that good!
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote
Ok, wtf is with that Canadian 85.99 price tag? 59.99 US is around 64 CAD, so it's cheaper for me to pay the American price online. Rolling Eyes Funimation and Bandai dvds usually stay around the same price when they are released here in Canada.
UltimateSpaceLion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
GATSU wrote:

yes "uncut" my ass. the first ending theme olivias "a little pain" was taken out and "starless night" was used. why? who knows. some say because it sounded too similar to a kelly clarkson song? they kept it in at the record store scene but not as the ending. lets hope they don't edit it out spoiler[at the trapnest concert in the next box Sad] oh well. was worth the $50 i spent. nana is one of my favorite anime and manga. ever.

Aww man, I hadn't heard about this at all. Suffice to say I am completely incensed that they'd tamper so brutally with it. "a little pain" is probably the most stunning song from the show. So what if it vaguely resembles a Kelly Clarkson song? I listened to the song and recognise no more than a passing resemblance. Surely if it were that similar it would have been realised before now? I was under the impression that when a song has been recorded or at some point during the creation process it is run through a system whereby it is compared to a database of pre-existing songs to ensure that it is not infringing upon another song's copyright. It's not as though Kelly Clarkson is such a little-known recording artist that her music would not be known. In fact, I'd imagine she's probably reasonably popular in Japan. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

Viz's making such a huge edit really makes me think twice about buying the box set Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1