• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Big Expo Gets 280-Minute DVD Set on December 22

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote
Well damn........ *adds onto list of things she needs to buy*

I was at GUNDAM BIG EXPO and because of all the stages, I didn't really get to go look around at the exhibits and stuff. I hope they have some footage of that in the extras or something, but I'll definitely be buying this for the seiyuu.

KAMIYA~~~~~~~~

Too bad it doesn't look like they will include the Celestial Station 00R recording, though I guess that's technically not a stage. Would've been cute to see Irino Miyu do that crab dance again. Hopefully they have it in a tokuten video or something.
seryass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote
You were there? I'm so envious. The crab dance sounds hilarious.

Was there any mention or tribute to the late Suzuoki Hirotaka? I would hope there would be since he did play Bright who was one of the major characters from the series.

I'm rather surprised the 30th Anniversary segment isn't included either since it featured Ikeda Shuichi who arguably played Gundam's most famous and most popular character, Char.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Do want.

It's too bad Gundam does so poorly in the US that we'd never get this, since it would be something only Gundam fans would be interested in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
If only this was on Blu-ray. Or I at least had a DVD player that played Japanese DVDs. of course it still wouldn't be subbed.

Oh well.
Magamish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote
=D Sounds like an awesome buy.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote
seryass wrote:

Was there any mention or tribute to the late Suzuoki Hirotaka? I would hope there would be since he did play Bright who was one of the major characters from the series.

I'm rather surprised the 30th Anniversary segment isn't included either since it featured Ikeda Shuichi who arguably played Gundam's most famous and most popular character, Char.

You're not the only one who's envious as well.I wished i was there as well.

Also they have to at least give a tribute to Suzoki Hirotaka for his roles in the franchise.

It's good to see that the original Amuro for the sub version was there,though it would be really something for the franchise in general if they also included Brad Swaile who was the dub voice for Amuro for the original series & Char's Counterattack,and currently the voice for the main in 00.

They should've included the voices who did Herro Yui in gundam wing as well,especially the English VA cause that series during it's Toonami run is the reason why the gundam series became popular in the US.

I really hope there's one in the US.Would've been a real blast if they have it in the US.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:13 pm Reply with quote
So what exactly is going be on this nearly 4.5 hour DVD?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
seryass wrote:

You're not the only one who's envious as well.I wished i was there as well.

Also they have to at least give a tribute to Suzoki Hirotaka for his roles in the franchise.

It's good to see that the original Amuro for the sub version was there,though it would be really something for the franchise in general if they also included Brad Swaile who was the dub voice for Amuro for the original series & Char's Counterattack,and currently the voice for the main in 00.

They should've included the voices who did Herro Yui in gundam wing as well,especially the English VA cause that series during it's Toonami run is the reason why the gundam series became popular in the US.

I really hope there's one in the US.Would've been a real blast if they have it in the US.

Why? The Japanese DO NOT CARE about the American voices. And the whole point is that this is for UC Gundam first. Despite how big Wing might be here, it's nothing in Japan compared to the other shows.

You make it sound like Amuro's voice actor is some small time guy who they got to come out of retirement. He still voice acts, most recently doing Ribbons from 00 and Casshern.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Why? The Japanese DO NOT CARE about the American voices.

QFT.
Though during the SD Gundam Academy stage, they did talk a little bit about the English dub and even played a clip. The MC was all saying how the voices fit well. My friends and I laughed. Um, no they don't, LoL.

But yes, I was there.
There was no mention of Suzuoki that I'm aware of.
seryass

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote
That is a shame about Suzuoki not being mentioned although he could have been. Would I be right in thinking there would have been a lot of events going on and that you wouldn't have been able to see them all?

Also Midorikawa Hikaru and Seki Tomokazu (Heero and Duo from Wing respectively) were there. Both seiyuu are famous for attending lots of events but as walw6pK4Alo said the event was really in celebration of the UC Gundam era which is the most popular in Japan.

In fact looking at the cast list this really is a Gundam fan's dream as virtually all the major character's seiyuus were in attendance with really the only notable absentee being Hayashibara Megumi who played Christina Mackenzie although given the seiyuu is still very busy even nowadays I'd imagine she might have been unable to attend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1