• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hatsune Miku fan thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiddtic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote
wow i only just started listening to vocaloids recently. It SO AWESOME!!! i like the rock songs so MEGURINE LUKA suits my taste better.

i dont know if this is allowed but im really very new to this so is it possible to get a list of good rock vocaloid songs going for me here?

if not thats ok, thats what search is there for right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quote
It's almost halarious any time that so-called mainstream media covers anything even slightly anime related. When I logged onto AOL today I saw a Hatsune Miku related article that was...rather ignorant to say the least. A lot of the comments were meant to correct the journalist. At least one of them, though, called her Lynn Minmei Laughing
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Article: Japanese pop star Hatsune Miku takes the stage -- as a 3-D hologram

Reviving the thread to post this.

You can also watch the youtube video here.

I wonder if she is truly 3D with 360 degree camera angle. (I didn't watch the entire video to see if the camera angled around).

I don't think it's truly 3D. It's projecting the image from behind the screen, I think.

I'm just happy there's some general news about these concerts (even it if is a bit late and just sounds more like a "look at this new-wacky-thing" type article, which fits I suppose). Being the guy I am, I was going to post a very long reply, to that guy on the comments who said the music was horrible, about how there's tons of potential in Vocaloid and blah blah blah. But then my brother closed my window as soon as I left the room for something, so now I just can't be bothered. I really shouldn't try responding to troll-like comments so earnestly anyway. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

... Anyway, I don't suppose we can try to spring this thread back for just a little while, eh? I saw that avtechno! worked his magic again with his new song, sobani. And once again, I bought it to add to my iPod.

EDIT: Restricting originally liberal use of smileys. Complete.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT 2: I reread kiddtic's post and saw a request, SO I MUST REPLY!

@ kiddtic
What rock vocaloid producers are you already familiar with? Yuyoyuppe and Utsu-P? Those two are probably the most well-known when it comes to the VOCAROCK scene. DIARRHEA (by Utsu-P) and Palette (by Yuyoyuppe) are probably their most popular songs.

After those two, there's 164. He uses Miku most of the time, but he occasionally uses Rin. Their voices are usually clear in his songs, although he has a tendency to have them sing really high for that "shouting" effect. Here is his sleeping beauty, which sounds much more awesome once you get it with better sound quality (like most songs).

Muryoku-P is incredible when it comes to engaging instrumentals. Although high-pitched Luka isn't the most enjoyable voice to listen to, it doesn't hurt his songs too much. Jihad and Icarus are probably my favorites of his.

And now here's more VOCAROCK songs, because I realize I type too much:
Haikei: you-P; music you can swing to, with vocals that are off enough to tick some people off...
Evil Princess Eye: AWESOME INSTRUMENTS.
Hot Milk: Mentai Rocker's been getting pretty popular... His sound is definitely... seductive? Yeah, I guess that's a good word.)
hidden AGENDA: Yep. Itachima.... Yeah. The screeches aren't just making their voice go really high!
Float and Sink: This is from Calvi, a newcomer that enjoys using Miku's Dark Append a lot. I'm not fond of it, but his songs still sound powerful yet elegant.
Mushi: Did I mention Rin is awesome for rock songs? No? Well... Here's a song.

Lastly, here's a somewhat recently released album that contains quite a few famous VOCAROCK producers, called VOCALOID LOUD PROJECT (or just VLP). Here's the preview.

That's pretty much it. I'm going to sleep....
metrokard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:19 am Reply with quote
kiddtic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:16 am Reply with quote
@darkhappy1 DUDE!!!!! Like thank you sooo much wow!!! yeah i found yuyyoyuppe on my own hehe Cool I guess that means Im actually getting a hang of this ryt.

and that playlist you gave me is FRIGGIN AWESOME!!! Thanks heaps. have you heard this song. its done by Meiko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-V2wGF_PBk

sorry i still dont know how to do the URL thing into a word.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I actually haven't; I'm not a big fan of Meiko. shu-t seems to be one of the very few that can actually handle her, and I'm not really a fan of his songs...

So, with the announcement of Hatsune Miku getting an english voice bank, who's going to buy it? I'm just going to wait and see... perhaps get a trial version.
Shichimi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote
Have to admit that I'm one of those people who sneered and pooh-poohed Vocaloids from a corner, without actually taking the time to listen to anything. I bought Project Diva 2nd as I was told it's a good rhythm game, and now I guess I'm kind of a fan.

I think just to listen to, Megurine Luka has the best voice. Although Rin's songs Kokoro and Meltdown are pretty awesome.
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
How accurate is the English text going to be?
gwdone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote
Miku Hatsune 2011 concert. ANN it would be nice to have a purchase stream of the Vocaloids concert in Feb 2011 I purchased the 39th day concert from CDJapan. And would / will purchase this one as well.. But would sure like to see it live somehow!
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Fans show your support for Hatsune Miku by sending suggestions to the staff of AX 2011 to have a Miku concert there. If there's any convention that Miku would likely be showcased at, it would be AX.
chachaboru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:52 am Reply with quote
i love all of her songs!!
some songs have awesome meanings
and in "ura omote lovers" she's rapping so fast!!
i find triple baka and popipo cute!!
my favorite song sang by her would be world is mine!
HunterJacket

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Dammit...Choosing my favorite Miku song is pretty tough....
Deco 27 and Supercell are probably my favourite artists, even tho
I know more songs that aren't from them, Those two are the ones I listen to the most.
I usually enjoy more of their rock-influence songs, Love is war and many other are pretty badass, but I do enjoy some of the more poppier ones, like Ai Kobata and Shinkai Summet (I think I spelled those ones wrong....)

I also enjoy some other Vocaloids stuff as well, especially Gumi (Megpoid), Her songs are also pretty Badass. Ranging from cute to hardcore.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I've seen Youtube inserts of the 2011 39th Giving Day concert and I perfer the 2010 one better. When comparing the two last year's concert had more effort put in and it showed. The Vocaloids were rear projected on to a reticulated screen using the Project Diva Dreamy Theatre 3D softwear and really it looked like they were actually there on the stage. But this year they did the same thing, but used an enclosed projection box instead which looked like a giant tele with Miku inside in black background, not on the stage, too flat and suffered from angle contrast and depth distortion, meaning the best view was directly in front of the box. Also the band was not as good as last year's either IMO. The one good thing was the model used. Much more clearer and detailed body, eyes, mouth, and lip sync movement. The box ruined it for me.
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:40 am Reply with quote
You know I listen to like an hour of that a day since I bought it. I just can't get enough of the 3-D Sega versions of the vocaloids singing. They did such a good job putting expressions and some blinking of the eyes as well as the mouths appear to sync with the voices I am totally amazed to this day. I got it from Playasia, simple enough and worth every penny.

I don't understand Japanese beyond only the very simplest terms you see in common Anime but it don't stop me from buying their CDs and Dvds. The end of that has Deco*27, one of the Produces playing his song as Miku sings, many others are doing their songs as well with the 39,s band with their songs. Must have been a life time achievement to be on stage singing with the girl you wrote the song for at last... Surprised

Anyway, I didn't like what I saw on Youtube of the blackbox non Sega version of the concert but it could be a great way for other producers to get their songs out with their custom singers. So there might be another way to look at it.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote
KIDS REACT to Hatsune Miku: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcfC7PCneQ&noredirect=1

Haha, cute. Several kids were quite insightful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4