• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why Are We Not Allowed to Mention Why A Poster Was Banned?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
In the Btooom! TV thread, dragon695 made the following comment:

Quote:
dragon695 wrote:
As for our layabout hikiki NEET, this episode sealed the deal about my feelings. First, wtf man, that was that creepy shit with the girl!

His mention about "creepy shit" reminded me that he was banned at ANN earlier this year for saying that a violent act should be committed against the female members of the J-pop group AK48, as well as for calling them a derogatory name. I specified what the violent act was and the name he used to refer to them. This was edited out of my post - why? What I said was true.

So if a poster gets banned for, say, making a racist comments; gets let back into ANN and decries a fictional character for being racist, we aren't allowed to point out that he or she was banned for making a racist comment, themselves?

That makes no sense.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
I didn't see the post before it was edited so I can't say for sure, but judging by the moderator comment it is implied there was a little more than just pointing out he was banned. My guess is it wasn't so much that you mentioned why he was banned, but how or why it was mentioned. Again though, that's more or less a guess since I never saw the pre-moderated version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote
Well, I can understand why repeating the derogatory term and the specific violent would be edited out; after all, even if you are merely quoting someone, I can understand why the offending passages shouldn't be repeated. But I'm assuming a description can be provided. The problem with the way my post was edited was that it left my accusation that dragon695 had acted in a creepy way to females intact without any supporting evidence to back up the claim.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1