• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha: The Final Act's Preview Movie Posted

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:22 am Reply with quote
Inuyasha needs a new Japanese Voice actor seriously... I have always hated that voice. I think i'll just wait on dub because my ears was bleeding just watching the preview..

Anyway I wish there was more than 26 episodes.. Should have been at least 52.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
I just hope everything flows well and no rushing through manga events. Hoping for as little as filler as possible.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quote
...Well, guess Viz is too caught up in other things to give Inuyasha a little more attention...

Was July to October not enough time to gather up the VA's for Ocean studios and get them dubbing again? I mean really, they're pumping out what, two episodes of Bleach a week to AS? Surely they're capable of giving it just as much effort in work, being it was one of their bigger series. =/

Not ranting just... bummed. I was hoping this wouldn't be a direct simulcast but looks like my hopes have been dashed. I too will wait for the dub.
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote
*sigh* reminds me of the classic tale "If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk..." You ungrateful punks! You are not entitled to dubs, even if the Japanese VA sounds like nails on a chalkboard, you're getting it SIMULCAST! and FREE! You're not having to pay $30 for a DVD that has maybe 4 episodes, you're getting it as Japan gets it! Seriously, people, this entitlement crap is pissing me off...
Starks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
I just hope everything flows well and no rushing through manga events. Hoping for as little as filler as possible.

The first 2 episodes will cover 20 chapters worth of material.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote
Starks wrote:
Haterater wrote:

...aaaaaaaaaand your source is? You may be right, I just like sources.

Also, as much as Kappei Yamaguchi may not have been the best choice for Inuyasha (he doesn't sound bad ass enough), I could not get over the mispronunciation of half the Japanese names in the dub (it's KAgomay, not kaGOmee! how is that hard??). And Kaede using "ye" as a singular second person pronoun. It's plural. If you're going to try to do "olde Englishe," do the reserach.

But I'm picky about my dubs, and I prefer the Japanese voice cast by far, even Kappei Yamaguchi.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Inuyasha needs a new Japanese Voice actor seriously... I have always hated that voice. I think i'll just wait on dub because my ears was bleeding just watching the preview..

Anyway I wish there was more than 26 episodes.. Should have been at least 52.

Seriously...

It took them 167 episodes to go through 36 volumes.. so now they are going to do 26 episodes to finish up the remaining 20? Rolling Eyes
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote
At least half it not more of those were filler episodes.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
At least half it not more of those were filler episodes.
more like 20% honestly...they won't make it with much detail in 26 episodes..I don't see any where that confirms 26 episodes though so I'm still hopeful.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:55 am Reply with quote
I'm not a huge fan of either actors that voice Inuyasha personally, but the other actors (especially Kagome) in the Japanese version just have me totally sold on it. I guess I'm biased though because I've always preferred subbed over dubbed. I suspect that we'll either see more episodes following these 26 or no filler at all.

Oh and, yeah I chuckled a little at seeing Kagome telling Inuyasha to "sit" again-oh the nostalgia...
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I know what Osuwari means, but could someone give me an idea of what the rest of the preview was saying in English?
rabrek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
It took them 167 episodes to go through 36 volumes.. so now they are going to do 26 episodes to finish up the remaining 20? Rolling Eyes

I remember reading complaints about the manga dragging, so perhaps they'll skip sidetrips, trim the trail of puppy powerups, and focus on the sacred jewel/Naraku narrative. That's my expectation, at least.
herbkir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see from the preview that the Kagura denouement chapter will be animated, so I'm assuming the other critical character-development chapters will also be covered in the new series.

I wonder if Viz will make the new IY animation accessible through its U.S. website the way they're doing with Naruto Shippuden.

I've seen nothing yet as to when Viz will start releasing the dub version, or whether Adult Swim will pick up the new series. Has anyone heard?
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
Was July to October not enough time to gather up the VA's for Ocean studios and get them dubbing again? I mean really, they're pumping out what, two episodes of Bleach a week to AS?

Simultaneous release dubbing has only been done once ever for a TV series, and it's an unholy logistical nightmare. Given the amount of oversight and approval that will likely be required of a big Shogakukan/Takahashi title, I don't think it was a realistic option for this series.
Starks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Starks wrote:
Haterater wrote:

...aaaaaaaaaand your source is? You may be right, I just like sources.
Source is the Yomiuri TV and Sunrise websites for the series as well as ANN.

The first 2 ep titles demand a rushing or skip through 20 chapters worth of material.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3