• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2009 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
The only anime i'm looking forward to this season is the anime adaption of Kobano, mainly because i'm a sucker for Clamp titles.

"Kobano?" What's that? Seems that it slipped under my radar. Unless of course, you meant Kobato. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Mondays it will be Haruka and Heaven's Lost Disciple. Wednesdays will be Asura Cryin. Thursdays will have Shippuden. Fridays will have Bantorra. Sundays will be Erin and Natsu no Arashi. My plate of fall anime is looking good for servings. More anime we watch legitimately on CrunchyRoll and other places, there's a chance of less fansubs. I know that to be a good thing.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:08 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
But I'm also willing to check out that new Kiddy Grade sequel (which is about time) Very Happy

I just watched ep 00 of KG2, and based on that it looks like its gonna be pretty kewl. And if that's what the soundtrack is gonna be like, then I say "hellz yes!" Its lookin' like the wait will pay off. I'm hoping that FUNi will stream that one, since they have the first series, BUT if I remember correctly, the KG project switched studios, so who knows...
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Just watched Kampfer episode 1 and I gotta say it was bad but funny bad. So i'll keep watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Book of Bantorra's opening.
I hate it. Same singer in Code Geass' second opening? The first opening was one of the best in anime history, anything that came after would be pretty much crappy.
She also ruined Requiem for the Phantom's opening. The first opening's song was great.
Alright, I'll make it clearer. Her songs all sound the same, it doesn't feel any different no matter how much I try listening. Opening is really important, so stop ruining it with your songs.
I don't hate you, but please stop showing up in anime that I like. Thanks a lot.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Kampfer is directed by the same person who directed Kyoran Kazoku Nikki? It features a guy who changes into a magical girl? Well, I've got to at least try it, then.
Pandadice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
More anime we watch legitimately on CrunchyRoll and other places, there's a chance of less fansubs. I know that to be a good thing.

whats wrong with fansubs?

fansubs offer a quality of subtitles that the industry could never hope to achieve.

one thing that fansubs have that industry subs don't, is the instant peer-criticism. with industry subs you don't have leechers coming in 5 minutes after your release going "lol, you typo'd 3 minutes in, and had 10 mistake in the whole ep". the professional subbers don't have to listen to that, and i doubt they would care. because they're subbing things they're not interested in, and at the end of the day regardless of how many typos or grammatical errors they had in their episodes, they still get their paycheck.

this constant, instant ridicule for mistakes leads the groups to iron out future mistakes, and they raise their quality. or it'll lead to the creation of a group who thinks they can do it better.

which then leads to the competitiveness of groups. industry subbers don't have to worry about whether people are going to archive their release. because it's the only legit release. but with fansubs, i know a lot of people complain about "over-subbing" , but that over subbing is a good thing. because it gives the consumers choice. and when groups are competing, it leads them to aim for higher quality, which gets you, the consumer, a better end product.

egoist wrote:
Book of Bantorra's opening.
I hate it. Same singer in Code Geass' second opening? The first opening was one of the best in anime history, anything that came after would be pretty much crappy.
She also ruined Requiem for the Phantom's opening. The first opening's song was great.
I don't hate you, but please stop showing up in anime that I like. Thanks a lot.

A..Ali Project? i first liked them because of their Shigofumi OP, and i loved their Avenger OST, but after getting a bunch of their albums i'm kinda burned out on them atm :\
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
So that's their name... welcome to my black list, muahaha (as if I had one).

Kampfer episode one - A lot of fanservice, as expected. The story doesn't seem bad, at least better than Princess Lover for sure. The characters are more attracting than Princess Lover's as well.
Book of Bantorra - Despite having that opening the story seems really promising, but just like Bamboo said in her preview, I'm not sold out yet. Despite having a sexy leader (as Key said), I found that girl from the soul book a lot more interesting.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Pandadice wrote:
whats wrong with fansubs?

fansubs offer a quality of subtitles that the industry could never hope to achieve.

In the absence of any official streaming or other method to bring Anime to the masses, fansubs are acceptable to use (providing you don't think they are the devil). However, whether they are any better than official subs in terms of speed, translation, quality et cetera is not a debate we need to hold here.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:00 am Reply with quote
Pandadice wrote:
the professional subbers don't have to listen to that, and i doubt they would care. because they're subbing things they're not interested in, and at the end of the day regardless of how many typos or grammatical errors they had in their episodes, they still get their paycheck.

To assume makes an ass out of u and me. Cynicism != cold, hard facts.

I'd forgotten about Book of Bantorra. That actually looks interesting, and I'll definitely give it a chance.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:23 am Reply with quote
Do not start a fansub debate. Keep the thread focused on the anime and their content. Any post that continues to insinuate beyond this one will probably get deleted, so don't waste your efforts here. If you're still desperate to argue, do it in the Anime forum.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:25 am Reply with quote
Ali Project did a great soundtrack for Avenger, but I have to agree at least a little with whoever said they have only one song and use it for all the OP/ED themes they do. The ones I've heard so far do sound alike.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:23 am Reply with quote
Um, I just noticed this, but the tiger plushie from Kämpfer, well his intestines actually look like a pink human penis. The pictures of the series in both Summer Mullins' and Theron Martin's columns have the tiger in such a way that it looks, well, as I said it did up top. Seriously, check it yourself. If I hadn't read the reviews themselves I would have not known about the intestines and been, er, rather more shocked than I currently am. I'm wondering if it wasn't a deliberate in-joke or prank by an animator or the production staff as a whole . . .
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:43 am Reply with quote
Uh, I beg to differ. Looks like entrails to me.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Um, I just noticed this, but the tiger plushie from Kämpfer, well his intestines actually look like a pink human penis. The pictures of the series in both Summer Mullins' and Theron Martin's columns have the tiger in such a way that it looks, well, as I said it did up top.

In Key's picture, they look pretty clearly like entrails to me. I've never seen a penis that folds back on itself. As for Summers, I didn't notice it at all until you mentioned it. Again, that would be an awkward fold if it were a penis.

Yay, Railgun!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 22