• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nodame Cantabile, Yuria 100%'s Live-Action Trailers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Is Yuria played by "Sherry" Fujii or "Shelly" Fujii? I have no idea who the actress is so I looked her up to get an idea of what she looked like without the blond wig and couldn't find anything under "Sherry", but found a lot of stuff under "Shelly" including an AnimeNation Blog post. She's supposed to be a really popular AV star in Japan, seems like if her name was Sherry I'd get more hits from Google.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
So why can't this series get licensed? Either the anime or the live action, is it just that nobody thinks anyone would buy it? I'd so buy the live action version. I would! I love Ueno Juri to death! And I emit a sheepish fangirl squeal whenever I see Tamaki Hiroshi in a tux. I know live action stuff being licensed is relatively rare, but the Nana movies came over, right?

Sorry for the frantic ramble...
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I gather the same reasons Zetsubou Sensei and so many others have yet to get licensed: money
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:21 am Reply with quote
Nodame Cantabile live action getting licensed would be just so amazing. I must admit I'm probably going to eventually end up with a bootleg of the damn thing, just so I can watch it on DVD instead of having to use the computer. I can 100% guarantee that I would get it if there was a legal DVD with subs.

But I'm not holding my breath (neither for this or for Sailor Stars, which is another in the same "may buy a bootleg so I at least have something" situation).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1