• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, September 20-26

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeautyMaid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Chibi Vampire is good But Vampire Knight is better.And Vampire Kisses I don't know but it sounds good.And yes I think there is a vampire thing going around
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
It is nuts how one volume (and not even the latest one at that) of Naruto can remain on this list for nearly six months. From reading the posts here, it is easy to see why it has remained, but still. It is saddening to see that vastly superior shonen manga like Kekkaishi never make this list though.

On the other hand, my ever-lessening faith US manga fans has been restored somewhat. Yotsuba&! making this list for two straight weeks is joyous sight to see.

Well you gotta remember that Series like Naruto have reached beyond just otakus and has an audience in kids in general, teens, and college kids who like Ninjas and violence and whatnot. I'm the only real otaku in my circle of friends but they all keep up and a few of them purchase Naruto stuff. So other serious are competing against a broader audience.

And really Yotsuba is the surprise for me. I figured it has that appeal like Calvin and Hobbes or Peanuts but I didn't expect to to find an audience outside of otakus. But it seems to have a decent reach outside of otaku culture. Still too early to say that true so lets see how she holds up. *fingers crossed*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2