• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(A) Certain Scientific Railgun (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Saten has her spoiler[trusty baseball bat]. Everything is definitely going to be ok now
Key

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Hey, but she also had spoiler[a batting helmet] this time!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 23

I kind of figured that Mikoto could spoiler[control her muscles or something just] by using her powers.

Next episode, everyone is helping to fight, the fact that everyone includes spoiler[the Misaka Sisters] makes me extra excited.

Apparently Academy city allows spoiler[slavery, via the purchasing of human lives].
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Apparently Academy city allows spoiler[slavery, via the purchasing of human lives].

Academy City allows a lot of things. That's what happens when your leader spends all his time with his blood rushing to his head.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote
That is the problem with Alistair, his entire view of the world is so upside down.

I was considering to put in a joke about being in his own bubble or something about glass houses, but I could not get it to sound right.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:20 am Reply with quote
I also enjoyed this episode; it got all the Railgun team working together for the climax. I especially enjoyed the fact the that spoiler[the Mikasa sister will get involved next episode]. What I did not enjoy, however, was Mikoto once again givine the friendship speech. The whole spoiler[am I selfish for asking for your help]thing again. We got that in previous episodes, we don't need it eating up time again. I suppose that may also stem from me hating when MCs defeat the main villains using the power of love and friendship, but, still, others must see how the time wasted on that was a little redundant.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:12 am Reply with quote
I didn't see that as a problem because her conversation with Shinobu showed that she's still clearly not comfortable with the notion even though she's basically accepted it. Nothing wrong with getting a second affirmation under those circumstances.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Nothing wrong with getting a second affirmation under those circumstances.

Ditto that. (Sorry couldn't resist.)

Did anyone catch Shinobu's eye twitch when the bad guy was spoiler[talking about using the "whip" on Janie?] I don't know if she is going to manage it but if she gets to assert her revenge I'll bet it will be nasty.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote
I always wonder what the director Tatsuyuki Nagai felt when he did Sisters arc. I have this feeling the whole Febrie arc is a way for him to put in full circle original themes of friendship he laid out. He seems to be the type of guy who prefers more group dynamics than purely solo action.

Vaisaga wrote:
Yeah, at this late in the game she probably won't do anything. I dunno why they bothered to have her show up, but it might have something to do with her having a major role in the novel released at the time.

If they wanted to give her a popularity boost, it sure as hell worked. After her brief appearence the amount of hentai of her exploded.

I heard that Misaki's appearance was purely fanservice for the manga readers and will not be involved in any major story arcs unless the director pulls a fast one in the last episode.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Heh, if I didn't know any better I'd say this ending was purposefully trying to top Symphogear's. It comes pretty close.

The best part was spoiler[Saten piloting a giant robot.]

spoiler[Liberal Arts City] gets name dropped at the very end. I wonder if this means we'll get another OVA or if a 3rd season might happen sooner rather than later.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote
If they didn't go with an anime only route, I would of easily rated this excellent for the first 16 episodes which adapted the Sister's Arc quite well. However, with this Silent Party arc in place for the second half, my final rating is now around good/decent. I'll go with good this time since I really enjoyed the first half. However, the Silent Party arc just killed it for me. I even had to skim some parts of the previous episodes.

Anyways, yeah...some weird stuff going on in the finale. I mean, spoiler[Saten and mecha...lol? And the space scenes....

There was also some random Frenda fan service and Accelerator + Last Order moment in a brief scene at the end?? We never had the chance to hear or see Misaki once in this series after the pilot episode either. *sigh*]

Oh well, I suppose this will do for now. I'll probably see Misaka Mikoto again someday..maybe in season 3 of Index if that ever will get adapted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pacal II

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote
So I've finally seen Railgun and I must say I like it quite a bit. Index had some things I like that weren't featured here, like some of the characters: Magnus, Kaori and Tsuchimikado. But I think it's just much more consistent. We have an interesting city with both dystopian and utopian elements, crazy scientific experiments, goverernement conspiracies, espers and people who are against them. It all fits nicely together. Index seemed just to fit to much into one show, and this goes not only for themes but for characters to. As people have said here, characters were just added in index one after another, and it would be fine, if that would be the last time we saw them, but noooooooooo. Then they join the freakin school, and the writer/s clearly didn't know what to do with them. Railgun also has some "useless" characters, but at least not to such a degree. Last but not least, Misaka just seems to me as a hundred times more interesting character than Touma. And the governement + hidden organizations are a more interesting villain than the catholic church in my opinion and also probably more adequate in out times.

The form of Index also made me treat it less seriously than Railgun. I would watch a couple of episodes in between "heavier" animes, like Ergo Proxy, Monster or Clannad. Basically to catch a breath. While I also made a break in between Railgun, it was in between seasons and not in between every two or three episodes.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote
So i finally watch this episode and it was an exciting finale! Seeing everyone from Railgun working together to stop STUDY spoiler[including help from Erii, Banri, Team ITEM and the Sisters.

Everything was awesome and action pack from Judgement helping the Heroes, Saten and Uiharu riding a mech, ITEM holding off STUDY's mech for Mikoto and Mikoto shooting a Railgun from the atmosphere!

And the ending has Janie and Febri reunited with Shinobu planning to take them from an overseas facility to cure them. And thanks to Mikoto and Misaki, Shinobu has a clean state to start over again.

And can't forget the part where they hint about Liberal Art City.]

For a great finale for a great anime, i give this a 10 out of 10!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:03 am Reply with quote
I actually was unhappy at the prospect of spoiler[Wannai and Awatsuki] fighting because their combat debut in the manga is one of the best parts of it, but I gotta admit it was pretty cool seeing them spoiler[land surf] like that. I was hoping for a scene like this and it delivered.

I can't help but wonder how the scenes with Shinbou would have come off as if she was as fugly as she was in the manga.

It is kinda odd that during that whole battle spoiler[with all those people, only 4 of them were using their ESPer powers to fight.]

Lol spoiler[Touma.] You didn't get to do anything.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I was in complete awe when spoiler[Saten started to pilot a transforming mech, having an overly rich friend is a great super power, they can buy you megazord sized toys when you are in a pinch]
The episode as a whole was just great to watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 70 of 72