• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(A) Certain Scientific Railgun (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Well one thing I know, and this is a SUPER MAJOR SPOILER

spoiler[When Mikoto finds out about Touma's memory loss, she considers asking Misaki to do something about it. However she doesn't because she doesn't want to owe Misaki anything. So that Mikoto has Misaki use her powers to help out Shinobu doesn't quite gell.]
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

spoiler[When Mikoto finds out about Touma's memory loss, she considers asking Misaki to do something about it. However she doesn't because she doesn't want to owe Misaki anything. So that Mikoto has Misaki use her powers to help out Shinobu doesn't quite gell.]

Yea, I was confused about that too. From what I've read from the Index LN (I skip some stuff because it gets really boring and repetitive at times) Mikoto is not friendly with Misaki spoiler[until later after this supposed arc occurred--as is apparent from the Mikoto Lv. 6 manga arc and when Misaki teased Mikoto about her relationship with Touma in the LN.] So I found it odd that Misaki helped her.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

I don't see how Misaka's character development in Railgun goes against that particular future development in the LN spoiler[Hell the Misaki cameo in s2 Railgun pretty much put the two at odds towards one another, the two are at best are hostile acquaintances, let alone friends, as far as what little is presented in the anime is concerned.]
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:21 am Reply with quote
I wonder how high up Misaka and Kuroko were at the climax of the finale. It seems that they weren't spoiler[in space. Not just because they didn't die horrible deaths instantly, but also because there's still wind effects happening at that altitude. So they're at an altitude that's not space, but not lethal levels (though it clearly should be judging by the background view of Earth). It's kind of funny how they mixed a bit of fact and fiction into that scene. Kuroko seemed to have trouble breathing, which makes sense at that altitude, but she didn't freeze to death lol. Whatever, it was a fun moment.]

Overall, I'll give the show an 8/10. I'm sure the whole fanbase is awaiting Index III by now, myself included.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:29 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Okay, I feel like I'm missing something here. When did the part of this that seems relevant to this series happen?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
OH&S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Okay, I feel like I'm missing something here. When did the part of this that seems relevant to this series happen?

Don't worry, this is probably the most minor of minor issues related to this arc. Supposedly, Mikoto asked Misaki to use her powers off screen; Something that seems impossible considering their relationship in the light novels.

Also Key, I'm typing up something that potentially explains what LN readers are in disagreement about in this arc. It'll take a while but I'll PM you when I'm done.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
The entire final episode was a gigantic piece of fanservice. I found it incredibly enjoyable to watch.

I have not read the light novels or seen Index II. I have only read volume I of the manga.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
The entire final episode was a gigantic piece of fanservice.

ACSR/RS really doesn't need the T&A type of fan service. Mikoto's attitude is all the fan service I need.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
that was one hell of a finale. sure, there were a lot questionable things going on, but I couldn't care less.

Agree with the first sentence, except for I could not NOT care.

Blood- wrote:
I gave this show a Good rating.

darkchibi07 wrote:
Misaki's appearance was purely fanservice for the manga readers and will not be involved in any major story arcs unless the director pulls a fast one in the last episode.

Jedi Master wrote:
The entire final episode was a gigantic piece of fanservice.

"Good" is as high as I can go, too. Now the median rating for this show is "Very good", which still higher than should be, but at least lower than it was before ("Excellent" was blatantly inadequate).

That said, I am a bit sad that I bought into the abnormal rating. I watched Index series, but intentionally did not watch any Railgun because I did not expect I could survive the "questionable things". I basically was deceived by the rating, which was result of simply fans being glad to have "fanservice" and rating "Masterpiece" for no other reason than that. Though being naive about rating is eventually my fault. I should have known better: correlation between ratings and actual quality of fanservice shows is lower, in comparison to "normal" shows; now I know.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I just rewatch the show.
The Sisters arc is still great thanks to Railgun S expanding the story and showing a lot of action and great music.

Even season finale was exciting.

I can't wait for the Blu-ray/DVD to be out so i can watch the more violent, gory scenes.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
I really like this anime, same with Index. I hope Funimation picks up season 2 there release schedule has been spotty at best and the new web site, still needs some coding work and hardware upgrades.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Finally saw the Railgun S OVA.
spoiler[Didn't expect to see a lot of cameos in it like Dorm Supervisor, Erii, Mitsuko, Kinuho, Maaya, Komoe, Aiho, Tsuzuri and Team ITEM!

And love the Milk joke.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:54 am Reply with quote
A Certain Scientific Railgun T (TV 3), Episode 25 (finale)

Geeze, this topic is old, season 2 ended ages ago and we suddenly got another season in 2020, after Index also took ages for its third season, and the Accelerator spinoff. I will generally say that this third season is much better than Index's third season, I found that so bad that it was pretty much killing any attachment I used to have to the franchise.

The season had some interesting aspects like doing the sports festival, focusing more on the mind control girl, and arc that saw Saten befriending the doomed by canon Frenda. But I would also put complaints that it feels like the four girls friend group was kind of rare this season, in favour of having them more interact with other characters, and although interacting with other characters is nice, it also felt a little lonely. Like most of the sports arc had Kuroko, Saten and Uiharu not even remembering who Misaka was because Misaki messed with their memories, which really feels like a betrayal. If humorous in parts where Kuroko was pretty aggressive to Misaka from only being aware as if never directly have met each other, while I think Kuroko being frustrated by not understanding why Misaka got her so emotional.

I also kind of felt totally pulled out of the last couple of arcs of the season. The Indian Poker that was cards that gave dreams, felt a little strange, but was agonising in the episode where Misaka tries to get a card that would apparently get big boobs, so stupid. And then the whole thing with Doppelganger was something about souls, which feels way more on the magic side of the franchise than the scientific, just really felt weird when these science characters were all talking like they knew souls were a thing.

My rating is Decent (6/10), I didn't really lose my time, an okay watch, but as another show that was so long ago, and my enthusiasm for the franchise crushed by the third season of Index, can't entirely say that I would call it something that I always felt worth watching.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 72 of 72